RN - Progressive Care Unit
Company: Dean Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 23, 2022
* Sign on Bonus available for qualified candidates*
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first and you are
valued as a team member? We have opportunities for you in our Med
Surg areas. We have full time, part time and prn positions
available on various shifts. As a RN, you will be a vital member of
the care team for our patients, assessing and evaluating their
condition, while providing compassion and comfort. At SSM Health,
we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate
people like you.
Not ready to apply? Click here to fill out a quick interest form
and a nurse recruiter will be in touch.
Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients require
complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
* Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the
patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic
picture of the patient's needs or condition.
* Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in determining
diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
* Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration with
the patient, family and interprofessional team.
* Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with
patient, family and interprofessional care team.
* Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and maintain
a safe environment, coordinates implementation with patient, family
and interprofessional team.
* Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and
* Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice,
evaluates their own practice, and maintains current knowledge and
* Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates
with patient, family and interprofessional team.
* Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into
* Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* No experience required
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: Dean Health, Oklahoma City , RN - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!