Sterilizer Cleaning Technician
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 19, 2021
STERIS is a leading provider of infection prevention and
procedural products and services, focused primarily on the critical
markets of healthcare, pharmaceutical and research and medical
devices. Our mission is to help our Customers create a healthier
and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science
product and service solutions around the globe. We have 12,000
employees worldwide, with over 3,000 in Customer-facing sales and
service roles. Founded as Innovative Medical Technologies in Ohio
in 1985, the company was renamed STERIS in 1987. Many of the
businesses that have been acquired and integrated into STERIS have
much longer operating histories, notably the American Sterilizer
Company founded in 1894. The STERIS Vision is inspired by our
Customers' efforts to create a healthier and safer world, and
guided by our legacy of leadership and innovation; we strive to be
a Great Company. To STERIS, this means we will make a difference by
providing world-class product and service solutions for our
Customers, safe and rewarding work for our People, and superior
returns for our Shareholders.Our Regional Equipment Cleaning
Technicians travel to customer sites to perform the cleaning
process of Medical Sterilization Equipment Our Technicians play a
crucial role in the proper upkeep, efficiency and effectiveness of
STERIS equipment. If you want to work for a great company where you
will have the opportunity to advance your career, join our growing
team as a Field Equipment Cleaning Technician based in the Greater
Oklahoma City Area!Please note: This is a HIGH TRAVEL / COMMUTE
role. It will often require overnight stays and extensive driving
of 300+ miles including out of state and local travel 75% or more
of the time.What will you do as a STERIS Equipment Cleaning
Technician?Over time, substances accumulate and build up on our
sterilizers, and washers walls, and inner workings which can
eventually hinder performance of the equipment. STERIS Instrument
Management Services' patented Chamber Cleaning System removes
substances from chamber walls.
- As a Regional Field Equipment Cleaning Technician, it will be
your job to properly clean and perform the Sterilizer cleaning
functions which may include, but not limited to: Changing required
- Making appropriate adjustments to necessary chemicals
- Monitor the automated cleaning process
- Maintain appropriate equipment pressures
- Maintain and repair the chamber cleaning equipment, handle,
transport, and dispose of chemicals used in chamber cleaning
according to safety protocols.
- You will coordinate all aspects of the Customers relationship
with yourself and STERIS. This means we give you to autonomy to
manage your own schedule!
- Utilize technology (laptop computer and related software) to
perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective
planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion.
- This includes, but is not limited to: Plan daily and weekly
schedule to achieve optimum utilization. Communicate schedule
changes to the Customer Service Department daily. computer
synchronization daily; complete service reports and activities on-
site; maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels as
required by the Sterilizer Repair Manager.
- Increase company growth through identifying sales
opportunities, and recommending products/services to Customers.
Communicate leads to management and sales staff.
- Establish and maintain rapport with the customer and other key
decision makers to promote Sterilizer Cleaning services.
- Provide customers with applicable reports to manage
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the Regional
Manager to advise of activity/changes related to sales
opportunities in assigned territory.
- Utilize customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities
and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and
- Manage customer expectations by determining pricing and
- Others duties as assigned.Why is the Equipment Cleaning
Technician role crucial to our business and our Customers?
- Technician cleaning removes most substances built up on
equipment chamber walls that can contaminate the
tools/utensils/packs they are meant to be cleaning or lead to drain
system blockage, among many other issues.
- Cleaning promotes efficient heating within the chamber walls
which in turn allows for a more efficient and effect
sterilization/cleaning process every time the equipment is
- Cleaning improves sterilizer chamber aesthetics and extends
useful life. Our technicians work tirelessly to ensure Customers
equipment looks as shiny and clean as it possibly can!
- The work of a Cleaning Technician can eliminate unnecessary
downtime and chargeable service calls.Please take the time to
explore and read through our equipment cleaning services page for
Experience, Skills, and Abilities will you need?
- High School Diploma - Required
- Degree from a 2-year college or Technical School or 2 years
related experience/training and or/combination of education and
- Strong technical and mechanical ability/aptitude required.
- Must be willing and able to work under high pressure situations
and at an efficient, and effective fast pace.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and as needed. Extensive
travel may and will likely include driving 300+ miles, and
occasional plane travel. Most technician can expect travel of 75%
or greater on a consistent basis.
- Flexibility and ability to pivot at short notice is pivotal
while accommodating Customers needs and scheduling availability.
Technicians may be required to work Overtime and Weekends as
- You should possess extensive knowledge of preventive
maintenance and the ability to communicate inspection, repair, and
handling to a Customer.
- Must be fluent in basic computer skills such as email,
internet, Microsoft word etc.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving
- Must be able to communicate with customers, clients and
co-workers at various levels.
- Maintain required vaccinations
- Must pay excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to monitor numerous projects
and prioritize workloadsWhat can STERIS offer you?We Offer a
Comprehensive Benefits Package, Including:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Extensive hands-on training and development
- Company vehicle, uniforms and all necessary tools provided
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Service training and coaching program
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
Keywords: STERIS, Oklahoma City , Sterilizer Cleaning Technician, Engineering , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!