Sr. Patient Services Rep
Company: University of Oklahoma - Information Technology
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Coordinates schedules of patients in an outpatient clinic and
provides clerical assistance toward the smooth operation of the
- Schedules patient appointments, either by telephone or in
- Obtains patient demographics on new patients and updates
demographics on established patients.
- Answers telephone calls and distributes to the appropriate
- Prepares and enters healthcare providers schedules into the
- Coordinates schedules as directed to patient requiring multiple
- Greets patients as they come into the clinic for scheduled
- Accepts payments and writes receipts.
- Inspects the encounter form for completeness and accuracy.
- Copies insurance cards and distributes to the appropriate
- Prepares encounter forms and billing packets for patients to be
- May prepare and type daily deposits. Balances and closes cash
- Prepares ancillary forms for other services, to include but not
limited to x-rays, vascular studies, etc.
- Prints and faxes physician schedules to offices.
- Pulls patient charts for appointments or to file lab, x-ray,
hospital information or other information into the chart.
- Copies medical records for patients and other providers of
- Files patient charts. Prepares inactive patient charts for
storage. Maintains log of charts in storage. Makes up new patient
charts and or packets of information. Request medical records from
- Discusses financial accounts with patients.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and primary care physicians for
- Secures referrals to other providers for HMO patients. Secures
referrals from PCPs for HMO patients to be seen in the clinic.
- Collects and verifies proof of income in order to determine
what sliding scale discount is appropriate.
- Dispenses supplies as needed.
- Notifies appropriate person when supplies are low and need to
- Types notes and letters for physicians.
- Makes immunization cards.
- Logs mail receipts according to University policy.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Performs various duties as needed in order to successfully
fulfill the function of the position.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 18 months experience with a minimum of 6 months
experience in a clinical environment and 12 months experience in a
customer service role.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Medical terminology knowledge desired and experience in a
healthcare or clinical setting.
- Customer service
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability to enhance professional growth and development through
in-service meetings and education programs
- Physical: Sitting for prolonged periods. Communicate
effectively and listen. Use of computer and telephone. Manual
dexterity and engage in repetitive motion.
- Environmental: Standard Office Environment
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to
achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community
by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and
perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a
sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that
fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit
of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma,
in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and
regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political
beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices,
or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions,
employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational
programs or activities, and health care services that the
University operates or provides.
Keywords: University of Oklahoma - Information Technology, Oklahoma City , Sr. Patient Services Rep, Sales , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...