Hunting Group Sales Manager
Company: BPS Direct, L.L.C.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Hunting Group Sales Manager supervises the Hunting/Firearms
Departments within the store to include compliance standards with
all applicable laws and company policies, merchandise presentation,
inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, Outfitter selection
development training and customer service activities.
- Lead firearm compliance sales standards in the Hunting/Firearms
department to ensure compliance with ATF, state, local laws,
company policies and procedures, including 4473, 3310, state and
internally required firearm forms.
- Lead firearm safe handling, safety, operations, and customer
experience standards within the firearms department.
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service
and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all
- Meet or exceed all financial plans as set by the Company
- Execute all Sales plans as directed by the Company
- Opens and Closes the Store
- Has "Manager on Duty" responsibilities
- Maintain planograms as set by the Corporate Office
- Staff the Departments with "service" oriented associates;
participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training,
prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit /
promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches and
motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a
productive team-oriented work environment
- Resolves customer and Outfitter issues
- Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
Company's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing,
hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work;
measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining
associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time
by assisting customers in making buying decisions by identifying
and evaluating customers' needs making product recommendations
based off this analysis promoting programs including, but not
limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pickup
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years in Retail Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal, and
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write
reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from Managers, associates,
customers, and the public.
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets,
data-based management and electronic point of sale and inventory
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish
and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers,
associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
- Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management.
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies,
procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs
assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve
desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within
accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies,
procedures, and practices.
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
- Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands
- Constantly assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of
the work assigned
- Light work that includes constantly lifting and moving objects
up to 20 pounds, occasionally
- move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more (utilizing a
team lift as needed)
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, step stools,
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
- Occasionally work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
- Occasionally work in hazardous conditions
Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class
resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions
are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable
federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to
reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act
and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process, please visit your nearest location or contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: BPS Direct, L.L.C., Oklahoma City , Hunting Group Sales Manager, Sales , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!