Client Service Representative I
Company: CIOX Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Overview:This is an entry level position responsible for
processing all release of information (ROI) specifically medical
record requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy
and providing customers with the highest quality product and
customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect
the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized
individuals have access to the patient's medical information and
that all releases of information are in compliance with the
request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
Hours: This is a PRN position
- Location: This position will be performed at one Medical
Facility in (Oklahoma City, 73112)
- Virtual and in-person training
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Receives incoming requests for information and responds to
requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone
inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely
- Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical
information according to established procedures and HIPAA
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving
patient's medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning
medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests,
established procedures, and established standards of quality and
productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the
release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintains equipment in excellent operating condition (inside
and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the
Help Desk department.
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive,
respectful and professional at all times; insures understanding of
customer request and follows-through as promised; being proactive
in identifying and addressing member concerns, or problems.
- Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and
customer service skills by providing appropriate information to
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance
and observes the dress code established by the Company or the
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records
and files are properly stored before leaving area, and insures
adequate supplies to meet customer requests.
- Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding
fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies
and procedures in regards to release of information.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as
scheduled. Notifies Manager, Operations and/or Supervisor if unable
to adhere to daily schedule.
- Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or
applicable law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all
accurate work hours in the Company's designated time keeping system
daily and adheres to the Company's overtime policy and procedures
for requesting time off or change in schedule.
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts
assignments and is available to take on additional member
facilities and assist with ROI backlogs.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with the Company's and
member facilities policies and procedures and state and federal
labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality
- Maintains confidentiality, information security and ethical
behavior when handling all Company and medical records information
during transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical
records information from member site unless written authorization
is provided by the facility's HIM Director, Company Manager and/or
Supervisor and Vice President of Operations.
- Attends and participates in required educational training
sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
- Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and
challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Accepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
- Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing
information and data as requested including member's changing needs
- Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns
and/or any potential HIPAA violations whether actual or
- Informs Manager of site or work difficulties, special project
requests from facility, and fluctuating volume in daily
- Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a computer for
data input, retrieval of data and all other tasks associated with
release of information services and time reporting.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and
prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
- Ability to recognize emergency situations within context of job
duties and communicate potential issues to Supervisor and/or
- Maintains knowledge of safety procedures to ensuring a safe
work environment and reports safety concerns to Supervisor and/or
- Maintains a current and valid driver's license and insures
personal automobile insurance is in force and will be maintained,
in at least the amounts required by state law, on any automobile or
transportation that is use in connection with Company duties.
- Checks the Company's and other assigned email and communication
systems such as REP Online and member assigned email on a daily
basis. Utilizes assigned tools within established guidelines.
Performs other tasks as assigned including but not limited to
working at facilities within 50 miles of principal site as business
- Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and business
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English
- Administrative experience in an office setting; previous
release of information, medical records, or other related
experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Proven customer service experience and/or training.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as
required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of
Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations
and to complete work in compliance of these and other
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills a must
- Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine, and multiline
phone system and other required work toolsTo ensure the safety of
patients and staff, many of our clients require post-offer health
screenings and proof and/or completion of various vaccinations such
as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests to be exempted
from these requirements will be reviewed by Ciox Human Resources
and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in
which you will be working, exemptions may be available on the basis
of disability, medical contraindications to the vaccine or any of
its components, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions,
Keywords: CIOX Health, Oklahoma City , Client Service Representative I, Sales , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!