Company: OGE Energy Corp.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Purchases materials, equipment, supplies and/or services in
accordance with the company's policies and procedures. Reviews and
analyzes purchase requisitions, investigating and developing
sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid
requests, reviews quotes. Interprets purchasing procedures to
departments and vendors, acting as a liaison between user
departments and vendors. Obtains materials from vendors at lowest
cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of
source and urgency of need. Follows up on orders to expedite
delivery and shipment. Schedules deliveries and obtains
certifications of delivery. Checks and approves payment for orders
- Handle and complete the most difficult and unique purchasing
transactions in accordance with the company's policies and
procedures and in a manner to obtain the best value while meeting
- Negotiate contracts and bid proposals.
- Negotiate favorable terms and conditions, warranties, volume
discounts, payment terms, and delivery points on the most complex
- Drive rigorous supplier performance management.
- Establish blanket purchase agreements with vendors setting
dollar limitations and time of contract limitations.
- Monitor the maintenance of records regarding pricing and
ordering of materials; prepare report analysis and
- Act as a mentor and provide guidance to other team
- Champion safety and operational integrity through effective
supplier management and supplier quality management.
- Identify and select vendors to procure highly technical
commodities meeting criteria of price, quality, quanitty,
availability and delivery dates. Place order with vendor.
- Develop new sources for difficult and unique supplies to secure
favorable terms for the company. Maintain open dialogue with
vendors' representatives and proactively research companies to
obtain information on new and existing products.
- Develop and maintain long- term supplier relationships that
will provide the company with competitive advantages including
lowest total cost, highest quality products, and superior customer
- Develop and refine highly complex technical bids and
- Write and distribute highly technical bid invitations or
requests for proposal, receive and analyze quotes,bids and
proposals and recommend vendor to use.
- Remain current with industry supply trends.
- Analyze departmental purchase requisitions for accuracy.
Determine method needed to process requisition such as bid, request
for proposal, or blank contract.
- Associate's degree and eight (8) years buying experience
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years supply chain
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management and three (3)
years supply chain experience
- Eleven (11) years buying experience.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Extensive knowledge of Power Plant materials and services; able
to develop, determine, source and communicate unique and hard to
- Experienced sourcing and networking with various
- Experience with supporting the development of requirements and
- Scope of Work (SOW) experience.
- SAP Experience.
- Experience with Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of
- Strong knowledge of materials, products and the commodity
market in area of specialization.
- Knowledge of economic order quantities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to prepare and analyze complex technical
specifications, bids and proposals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong and maintain relationships with a
diverse group of internal cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to mentor and lead the work activities of other team
- Advanced level skill in computer applications such as Microsoft
Office. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- May non-standard hours.
- May require travel.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Extensive time spent using a computer and telephone.
OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE), is headquartered in Oklahoma City and
is the parent company of Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company
(OG&E), a regulated electric utility serving more than 815,000
customers in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. In addition, OGE holds
26.3 percent limited partner interest and 50 percent general
partner interest in Enable Midstream Partners, LP.OG&E serves
more than 815,000 retail customers in Oklahoma and western
Arkansas, and a number of wholesale customers throughout the
region. OG&E, with about 6,900 megawatts of capacity, generates
electricity from natural gas, western coal, and wind. OG&E's
electric transmission and distribution systems span 30,000 square
Keywords: OGE Energy Corp., Oklahoma City , Buyer Senior, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!