Plant Operations Technician II
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Role Purpose:?Perform all duties of either the Console Operator or
the Field Engineer as assigned.
- Troubleshoot all environmental control problems in the hospital
complex and initiate repair service as warranted, notifying Console
Operator if additional assistance is needed. Consult with Console
Operator when problems arise on chilled or heating water provided
to the hospital. ???
- Adjust thermostats and air handling unit controls in responding
to temperature complaints throughout the hospital complex in
maintaining a comfortable, temperature controlled environment.
- Complete all documentation of preventive maintenance and work
orders on a daily basis. Operate the emergency electricity
generators monthly under full load demand and record data on
designated forms. Visually inspect equipment in the mechanical
building, take readings on critical equipment and record data on
designated logs daily. Inspect external lighting and initiate
repair requests. Perform routine maintenance on air handling units
and fan coil units in patients' rooms by maintaining proper belt
tension, and cleaning coils, screens, and filters. ???
- Monitor various gauges in providing operational reports.
Coordinate all functions of maintenance and repair for the
department during designated hours and days. (Confer with
supervisor regarding severe maintenance problems and take
appropriate action; answer telephone calls and dispatch mechanics
as necessary; and coordinate all relevant activities for the
- Operate water softeners and administer chemical treatments to
the boilers and cooling towers as scheduled. Test boiler and
cooling tower water for proper chemical treatment. ???
- Monitor plant operations and mechanical equipment functions at
Bone & Joint Hospital as scheduled, complete information on
required log sheets, and report problems to the appropriate person
in that facility. ???
- Maintain all HVACR equipment. Maintain the cleanliness of all
equipment. Keep plant area and mechanical equipment rooms clean and
in an orderly manner. ???
- Operate the Powers and Honeywell Automated Control Center which
controls and monitors all hospital environmental control functions
and critical alarms. Dispatch Field Engineers to care for
environmental control problems throughout the hospital complex or
to obtain emergency equipment/supplies from external vendors.
- Operate all equipment in the mechanical building including
boilers, chillers, pumps, air compressors, and other component
equipment in an efficient manner which provides maximum energy
conservation and hospital comfort conditions. ???
- Insure all ProCard (P-Card) purchase transactions are recorded
and reconciled by the corporate deadline on a monthly basis.
- Perform other duties as directed that correspond to the overall
function of this position.Minimum Qualifications:
- Mechanical Journeyman or Mechanical Contractor with the
Oklahoma State Department of Health (credentials provided through
the Oklahoma Construction Industries Board). Class I Professional
Boiler Operator with the City of Oklahoma City or must be obtained
within 12 months of employment in this position.
- Experience operating high pressure boilers, chillers, and air
conditioning equipment. Experience with the repair and replacement
of pumps, motors, bearings, valves, regulators, and
- Brazing and soldering experience preferred.Physical
Requirements:Employees in this position are, or can be, required to
possess thefollowing physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
St. Anthony Hospital ??St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional
referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and
behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located
in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma,
as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large
rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex
campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access
to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony
added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St.
Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality
Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST?
Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others.
Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality
and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many
national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City , Plant Operations Technician II, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!