Radiographer - CT Technician II - Healthplex East
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Under supervision, operate stationary and portable radiology
equipment to obtain routine diagnostic radiographs throughout the
hospital. Under supervision, operate the Multislice CT unit to
obtain diagnostic images.
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in
performing basic CT services for patient population served. Such
tasks include, but are not limited to anatomical position, proper
breathing instruction, and compliance with procedure protocols.
- Operate various radiology equipment in a safe, prescribed
manner to insure quality, cost efficient, complete results with
minimal discomfort to the patient. Examine finished diagnostic
radiographs and CT images for quality and completeness. ???
- Take appropriate precautions to minimize radiation exposure to
patients and staff by using good positioning, exposure, and
shielding habits. ???
- Identify, interview, and screen patients. Provide information
regarding procedure, order verification, patient identification,
and pre/post assessment. ???
- Maintain designated department records. Maintain equipment and
supplies and notify supervisor or Radiology Engineer of equipment
- Perform routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units,
clinical areas, restrooms and other assigned areas following
established guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to utilize and
maintain equipment in a safe and proper manner (including
housekeeping cart). Utilize the appropriate cleaning agents and
supplies according to established procedures. ???
- Transport trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable
trash to appropriate disposal areas. ???
- Restock assigned areas and patient rooms with supplies, i.e.
paper towels, toilet paper, soap, linen bags, gloves, sharp
containers, and clean linen. ???
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon
dismissal as indicated. ???
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the
overall function of this position.?Minimum Qualifications:
- Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologist in Radiography (ARRT).Advanced Registration by the
ARRT in Computed Tomography (CT).
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).Physical Requirements:
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation.About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital?St. Anthony Hospital is
a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,
oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,
established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves
the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout
Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals.
Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency
and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the
metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May
2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards
including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified
Healthy Business, Premier QUEST? Award for High-value Healthcare
Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than
local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City , Radiographer - CT Technician II - Healthplex East, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!