Service Desk Analyst
Company: OU Medical System
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 12, 2019
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Service Desk Analyst provides support for
basic technology-related incident resolution and requests reported
to the IT&S service desk. Responsibilities include initial
assessment, triage, research, and resolution of basic IT incidents
and requests regarding the use of application software products
and/or infrastructure components, including desktops, mobile
devices and related peripherals. The Service Desk Analyst is
responsible for collecting information through a customer
conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff
(service resources) if needed. Problems beyond the scope of their
ability or responsibility are resolved by engaging, in a timely
manner, other service resources or escalate to the proper IT
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position.
Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an
accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests; logs all
incidents and requests; engages other service desk resources or
appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond
the scope of their ability or responsibility.
* Uses the appropriate CTI categories for logging incidents and
* Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong
relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely
resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and
handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
* Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single
point-of-contact for the customer.
* Analyzes and resolves incidents and requests regarding use of
application software or hardware. Logs and tracks incidents and
requests from identification through resolution. Follows up with
other support staff (service resources) involved in resolution to
ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the
customer communication is complete. Documents resolutions and
updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
* Grows general knowledge of current corporate, division, and
facility-specific products, increasing ability to resolve requests
on first contact.
* Provides after hours and on-call support as needed.
* Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects
of patient care and employee information.
* Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission and Value statements.
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor s degree preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience
EXPERIENCE: One to two years work experience in an IT support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrates ability and desire to learn Corporate, Division, and
Facility-specific applications, technology, and terminology.
* Proficiency in addressing and resolving technology related
issues, including, but not limited to desktop and network
environments and peripheral devices
* Demonstrated ability to learn customer support processes and
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to solve problems.
* Competency in MS Office Suite and ticketing systems such as
Remedy or ServiceNow
* Competency in call center tracking tools
* Prior experience supporting customers in use of application
* Proficiency in using support software tools.
* Customer service orientation and/or prior customer service
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medical System, Oklahoma City , Service Desk Analyst, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!