Business Continuity Analyst - Senior
Company: OGE Energy Corp.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Accountable for developing and managing the Company's business
continuation program and monitoring its effectiveness. Defines and
develops the business continuity program best practices, processes
and policy, to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and goals.
Partners with multi-departmental leadership and other stakeholders
to develop and prioritize program initiatives according to relevant
- Take action in a self-directed manner to identify issues and
make recommendations to department leadership, as it relates to
maturity of the BCPM effort, referencing the BCPM Maturity
- Collaborate with department management and recommends specific
actions in response to analysis.
- Leads engagements with the BCPM team, business leaders and
Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to create, edit, develop, test, gain
approval and maintain Business Continuity documentation (BIA's,
equipment lists, etc.) associated with response and recovery to
disruptive events. (Includes initial creation and annual
- Lead the efforts to ensure that all requirements associated
with BC plan implementation, including alternate site, technology
needs, response and restoration teams, etc. are understood,
prepared and managed, reflective of business needs and
- Responsible for engaging and collaborating with teams of
business leaders and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to facilitate
the creation, editing and development of exercises (including
handbooks, resources and evaluation tools) to be utilized in
assessing member preparedness and response to simulated disruptive
- Manage the exercise content and records, in collaboration with
the organization's training function, including the input and
monitoring of records and certifications in the Learning Management
- Facilitate engagement with key stakeholders to capture and
maintain requirements associated with BC plan implementation,
including alternate site, technology needs, response and
restoration teams, etc. are understood, prepared and managed,
reflective of business needs and capabilities.
- Ensure that BCPM documentation and exercises adhere to
requirements set out in company policies and relevant industry
standards and regulatory requirements. Works with key partners to
support full integration and intentional alignment of the BCPM
effort, including ICS, ERT, Enterprise Security, Area Command,
Facilities, Safety, HR, Risk/Insurance and IT/Telecom disaster
- Manage and coordinate projects as required.
- Solve problems and develop solutions that call for original
approach based on knowledge, experience and research.
- Manage the After Action Review Process for exercises and
incidents and ensure action items are properly captured,
prioritized and managed to closure.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline combined
with Five (5) years' enterprise process improvement, risk
management, emergency preparedness, program management, and/or
business continuity efforts; Or
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline combined
with Seven (7) years of corporate Electric Utility Experience to
include Three (3) years' experience working with enterprise process
improvement, risk management, emergency preparedness, program
management, and/or business continuity efforts
- Six (6) years' additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Valid State Driver's License.
Experience either through full time role or crisis event role
serving to respond in a crisis event
Strong Customer Experience and the ability to engage Stakeholders
in committing time and energy to the BC Process.
Experience implementing a BC/DR Tool.
Experience designing and facilitating exercise to test emergency
response to a crisis event.
Business Continuity Certification: CBCP or CBCI
Operational Electric Utility Experience.
Ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously and switch
focus based on priorities.
Project Management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems; taking a new
perspective using existing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, effectively prioritize, and
manage multiple tasks until completion and according to established
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to facilitate, negotiate, and influence a
diverse group of leaders/decision makers and motivation/desire to
excel in this area.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with members and
management at all levels within the organization.
- Strong project management experience managing complex
- Strong knowledge of data management system administration;
ability to ensure system is meeting business requirements,
maintenance and update of the system. (Ability to learn new system
and support integration with current processes.)
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Ability to design exercises that reflect an understanding of
the diversity of learners and groups of learners utilizing a
specific instructional process as defined by ATD/HSEEP. Knowledge
working with online technology to manage programs.
- Strong business acumen and commitment and motivation to learn
and understand broader organization to aid in translating the BCPM
strategy enterprise wide.
- Strong knowledge of BCPM principles/standards.
- Ability to distill complex data into easily understood concepts
- Office environment with extensive use of a computer.
- May require travel.
- May work outside of normal workday/workweek to meet deadlines
and maintain support levels.
OGE Energy Corp. (NYSE: OGE), is headquartered in Oklahoma City and
is the parent company of Oklahoma Gas and Electric Company
(OG&E), a regulated electric utility serving more than 815,000
customers in Oklahoma and western Arkansas. In addition, OGE holds
26.3 percent limited partner interest and 50 percent general
partner interest in Enable Midstream Partners, LP.OG&E serves
more than 815,000 retail customers in Oklahoma and western
Arkansas, and a number of wholesale customers throughout the
region. OG&E, with about 6,900 megawatts of capacity, generates
electricity from natural gas, western coal, and wind. OG&E's
electric transmission and distribution systems span 30,000 square
Keywords: OGE Energy Corp., Oklahoma City , Business Continuity Analyst - Senior, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!