Corporate Support Technician II
Company: Loves Travel Stops & Country Store
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Req ID: 138762
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of the Corporate Support
Technician II role is to provide first level support to ensure
proper computing and telecommunications operation so that end users
can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving,
prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help
requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and
help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual
give in-person, hands on help at the desktop level.
* Field incoming help requests from users via telephone, e-mail and
in person in a courteous manner.
* Document all pertinent end user identification information,
including name, department, contact information, and nature of
problem or issue.
* Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
* Prioritize and schedule resolution. Escalate problems (when
required) to the appropriately experienced technician, analyst,
developer or administrator.
* Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving
process, including all successful and unsuccessful attempts to
resolve the issue.
* Use diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
* Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, frequently
asked question resources on the Internet to aid in problem
* Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing
and upgrading software, installing hardware, telephones,
implementing file backups, and configuring systems
* Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning
of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
* Perform post-resolution follow-ups with customers to ensure
resolutions remain successful and have not caused any other
* User Support Administrative Duties
* Share Point Support
* Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* HS Diploma or equivalent required
* Associates Degree in the field of Computer Science
* Current hardware/software certifications (A+, MCP) preferred
* Six months experience in the computer support field or six months
experience in a computer support role
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Hard Skills: Working knowledge of desktop computers, laptops,
telephones, peripherals, Windows XP, Windows 7 and the Microsoft
* Soft Skills: Strong customer service orientation; effective
interpersonal and relationship-building skills; strong written and
oral communication skills; analytical and problem-solving
abilities, with keen attention to detail; self-motivated and
directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute
tasks under littler supervision; experience working in a
team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Typical Physical Demands:
* On-call availability as needed.
* Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
* Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects,
such as computers and peripherals.
* Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard,
mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer
* Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): [[mfield1]]
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love's Family of Companies is
headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely
family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40
states, Love's approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year.
Love's has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes' Magazine's
annual listing of America's largest privately held companies. From
the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love's
commitment has remained the same: "Clean Places, Friendly
Keywords: Loves Travel Stops & Country Store, Oklahoma City , Corporate Support Technician II, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!