Buying/Procurement Specialis-Oklahoma City, OK
Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Buying/Procurement
Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
- Under general supervision, manages various aspects of supplier
relationships, including contract negotiations, delivery and
quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery,
including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of
billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction
- Selects and negotiates with approved vendors.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- May train lower level buyers. Reviews bids and contracts
submitted by lower level buyers before orders are placed. May
substitute items without approval.
- Actively drives supplier improvement activities and supplier
- Recommends new developments in materials and supplies.
- Fosters active daily use of continuous improvement tools to
improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance,
employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE
Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years' procurement, contract negotiations, continuous
improvement in procurement, or similar experience
- Experience applying stand-alone knowledge of purchasing
practices, principles and procedures.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including
advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging,
fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional team and demonstrate
consistent forward progress.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management,
Industrial Engineering or similar field.
- Holds APICS - CPIM
- Project Management Experience
Oklahoma City, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Keywords: Baker Hughes, a GE Company, Oklahoma City , Buying/Procurement Specialis-Oklahoma City, OK, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!