OklahomaCityRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Oklahoma City jobs

Transportation Fleet General Manager

Company: Hobby Lobby
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 9, 2023

Job Description:

Transportation Fleet General Manager Hobby Lobby Transportation is looking for a General Manager to oversee all aspects of the fleet operation and provide excellent customer service to the retail stores. The General Manager reports the Vice President of Transportation. Hobby Lobby opened its first store in 1972 and has become the largest privately-owned arts-and-crafts retailer in the world with more than 1,000 stores and over 43,000 employees operating in forty-seven states. HL offers over 70,000 items featuring home decor, seasonal decor, tableware, floral, art supplies, craft supplies, yarn, fabric, jewelry making, hobbies and much more. The Corporate headquarters include over 10 million-square-feet of manufacturing, distribution and an office complex in Oklahoma City. Hobby Lobby is a multifaceted private carrier that services the entire United States from one central location in OKC. Roughly 90% of the 1,000-store retail chain are serviced by the fleet of team and single drivers while the other 10% is handled by partner carriers on a one-way basis. All stores are serviced from one location in OKC with a next day delivery for any store 1,200 miles from OK and then two days for any location over 1,200 miles. The fleet consists of 480+ tractors and over 1,100 trailers and it travels 6.5 million miles per month on average. The following aspects of the job include but not limited to: People: Improve the operational excellence of the area by building strong relationships with internal and external staff by encouraging positive approaches, motivating others and recognizing achievement Recruit, hire, train and retain employees Provide open, honest and timely feedback on employee performance by utilizing the Open-Door Policy Professionally interact, present and collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization Operations: Implement and support the policies and practices that are consistent with the philosophy of the company Evaluate processes/procedures with the goal of potential improvements through suggestions and recommendations Develop and implement strategies to optimize capacities, specifications and reduce operational cost In addition to the Fleet, monitor the Yard, Mechanical Shop, Fuel Bay and Tire Bay departments and provide input that enhances efficiencies and production Plan and manage daily routes and overcome unexpected obstacles and barriers that may prevent store deliveries, back hauls or container pick up. 24/7, manage the unforeseen incidents that may occur and impede daily operations Manage third party-carriers by ensuring that all quality measures are being met Safety : Have knowledge of Local, State, Federal Regulatory agencies safety and compliance standards and best practice to maintain a culture of safety Model a culture of safety by leading by example Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes and behaviors Coach through safety observations Planning and Improving: Collect and analyze data to help evaluate process drive process improvement initiatives Effectively communicate business plans and priorities across the organization Manage and communicate change initiatives to managers and employees Develop managers and employees by equipping them with resources and maximizing their skill set Develop and grow by staying up to date on industry trends and the current business environment Financial: Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets Have a general knowledge of the fleet budget and associated costs Collaborate with managers on ways to reduce operating cost Qualifications: 8 Years – Fleet Management Experience High School or GED required Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a fast-paced environment Strong organizational and problem-solving skills Demonstrated knowledge of DOT, Hazmat and OSHA regulations Must pass a Pre-Employment drug screen and background check Benefits: 401K Program Paid Vacation Health and Dental Insurance Onsite Clinic and Pharmacy Flexible Spending Account Employee Store Discount Apply Online Date posted: 09/06/2023

Keywords: Hobby Lobby, Oklahoma City , Transportation Fleet General Manager, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Oklahoma jobs by following @recnetOK on Twitter!

Oklahoma City RSS job feeds