Electrical Field Construction Coordinator
Company: Blattner Energy
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Blattner Company is a leading renewable energy contractor and
service provider across the United States. Based at headquarters in
Avon, Minnesota, the professional services, support and leadership
teams provide the support services to Blattner Energy and D.H.
Blattner. Blattner is powered by over a century of construction
experience and passionate, innovative employees. Along with our
project teams, we seek to build a better tomorrow for generations
to come.Excited about the chance to join our team and build a
rewarding career? Education Requirements: Four-year Electrical
Engineering degree and some experience or equivalent combinations
of training and/or related experience. Successful review of
electrical work practices required.Position Summary: Provides input
and technical expertise for power generating construction projects.
Additional requirements are: General Contractor support of
Engineering review, procurement (if necessary), construction, and
start-up of a high or medium voltage electrical system and
associated substation.-- Responsible for installation guidance,
QA/QC enforcement, scheduling support, and owner correspondence.--
Reviews and final submittal to Owner of Engineer As-builts, and
project system packages (Job Books).-- Assists Electrical
Superintendents with supervision of electrical subcontractors to
ensure a safe, productive quality job is attained and costs are
controlled in the construction field operations.Essential Job
- Reviews bid package for accuracy, completeness, and electrical
work scope for electrical subcontractors and BEI electrical
- Communicates with Electrical Superintendent for immediate
review of electrical information and any changes to the job.
- Coordinates electrical work with other job planning and
functions such as foundation, erection and tower wiring.
- Ensures use of all company resources; and adherence to all
company policies and state and federal regulations.
- Use of required electrical reference codes and electrical
safety code publications.
- Coordinates subcontractors to maximize production and minimize
- Acts as an electrical consultant to supervisory and field
personnel in the areas of expertise for transmission lines,
inter-connect systems, switchgear installations, electrical
circuits, power quality, and high voltage collection/distribution
- Participates in weekly meeting with Electrical Engineers,
Electrical subcontractors, Owner (SME's) and Utility interconnect
personnel.-- Brings necessary information forward that may impede
design or construction.-- Assists with supervision of all projects
Electrical subcontractors, Electrical engineers to ensure effective
use of project resources as well as industry processes.-- Has a
clear understanding of production goals and cost and identifies job
cost reduction opportunities.
- Conducts monitoring and inspection of electrical subcontractor
installation activities and progress.
- Responsible for safe working conditions and procedures
including becoming personally trained for future review and / or
participation in the following: switch and tag procedures,
approaching distances, arc flash, protective equipment, and
rotation and voltage check.
- Ensures a safe work environment by complying with company's
safety polices as well as complying with federal and state safety
regulations.-- Ensures all subcontractor equipment, materials, and
small tools are in safe operating condition.-- Needs to collaborate
with the Electrical subcontractors and Engineers that project will
strive for "Zero" accidents.-- Needs to understand conditions of
working around high voltage lines (I.e. High-potting or Partial
discharge tests). Assures there are written procedures, POD, and a
new formal plan if changes are needed.
- Communicates with Electrical Superintendent to update him/her
on project problem areas.
- Assists Electrical Superintendent communicating and negotiating
with owner regarding major project decisions.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of project schedule
as needed.-- Effectively schedules the work with Electrical
engineer, Electrical contractors, Utility groups, and Owner (SME's)
in accordance with the project baseline schedule.-- Variations need
to be shared with Electrical Superintendent or if directed share
with Project Manager and also Owner representative.-- Assists site
team with short interval plan (two week look ahead) and Plan of the
- Compares and continuously monitors actual costs to the job
estimate and informs Electrical Superintendent / Site Manager of
- Assists the Electrical Superintendent in establishing the
Project Electrical budget (Engineering, Construction, and
Interconnect.)-- Will assist Electrical superintendent in
expediting change orders and changes to project Electrical
budget.-- Will review equipment with Engineer and Owner to utilize
most cost effective equipment that is approved for the construction
- Schedules equipment and subcontractors to effectively utilize
- Arranges for engineering support and consultation as needed as
well as provide for peer review of critical electrical issues.
- Works with Site Manager to fill in during absence of the
project Electrical Superintendent, to the extent of being qualified
and trained. Immediately communicates the need if temporary support
is required from another qualified and trained Electrical
Superintendent or Avon Electrical.--Additional Job
FunctionsElectrical Overhead Transmission Electrical Underground
and Collection systems Substation Construction Transmission Utility
Interconnect Electrical Engineering Communication System Assure
that all electrical workers are qualified and trained for the
technical and safety aspects of work they are performing.-- When
training is needed follow through to make sure the needed training
is provided in a timely manner.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving
- Extensive travel is required throughout the United States with
extended periods of time spent at jobsite locations (i.e. weeks or
months at a time).
- Combination of electrical training and electrical construction
field experience, as well as the ability to perform administrative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Basic understanding of safety construction, commissioning, and
testing electrical systems.
- Ability to progress toward supervising a large number of
- Good communication skills to deal with owners, subcontractors,
- Possess a solid understanding of tracking job progress, costing
and formal reporting.
- May be required to become a qualified individual in pursuit of
company contract licensing, or a journeyman or master electrician
license.We are a unique team of talented, passionate and dedicated
individuals. Experience the power of Blattner Company.
Keywords: Blattner Energy, Oklahoma City , Electrical Field Construction Coordinator, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...