Director of Project Engineering
Company: Oklahoma City Public Schools
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Capital Improvements Department
Director of Project Engineering -
Attend coordination meetings, review plans, and conduct site visits
to ensure all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other systems
are design/build according to District standards.
- Advise, assist, and make recommendations on the design and
construction of bond projects.
- Provide input on projects related to their trade and stay
current on new technologies and code changes.
- Monitors contractors work for conformance with code and
construction contract requirements.
- Develop a system to review construction documents based on
project priorities, including QA/OC framework.
- Prepare reports and keeps records regarding plan reviews and
- Helps Project Manager, and the design & construction teams
coordinate with the City of Oklahoma City, City of The Village,
Midwest City, and/or City of Spencer to facilitate plan reviews,
building permit processes and final inspections for projects
throughout the district.
- Review and coordinates construction documents through all
phases of design-SD, DD, CD, Bidding, & CA.
- Updates District's data base and plans, ensuring all systems
are documented after project completion.
- Manages closeouts documents.
- Maintains confidentiality of internal records.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Management,
Architecture, or related field.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of four (6) years of experience leading education
institution and/or facility construction projects.
- Possess a valid operator's driver's license and an acceptable
- Capable of reading and interpreting plans and schematics.
- Strong knowledge of design, construction systems,
sustainability, project delivery methodologies, material
application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Possess a working knowledge of, and ability to interpret, Board
Policies and Administrative Regulations.
- Possess a wide range of knowledge about the organizational
structure of the school district, functions of the different
divisions and departments. -
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities):
- Proficiency in MS Office, Microsoft Projects, and Google
- PMP, PMI, and or CDT certification.
- Skills necessary to resolve conflicts within project
- Ability to work on multiple projects, ensuring all milestones
and deadlines are met. -
*Relevant experience may be substituted for formal education at a
2:1 ratio. Therefore for every 1 year of college lacking, 2 years
of directly relevant experience may be substituted.
- Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and
perform required duties on the computer. -
- Must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and
transcribe written material and other required duties.
- Requires normal range of hearing and clear speaking abilities
to interact appropriately with others in person and on the
- Requires some stooping, bending, stretching and occasional
lifting not to exceed 50 pounds. -
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- May periodically require work outside of normal business hours,
including weekends, under sometimes. stressful conditions in order
to meet business needs and strict deadlines. -
- Office duties will be performed in a well-lighted, climate
controlled environment. -Reports To: Executive Director of Capital
FSLA Status: Exempt
Work Days: 242
FTE: 100 -
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The
employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties
as assigned by the supervisor or appropriate administrator.
Oklahoma City Public Schools reserves the right to, update, revise
or change job duties as the need prevails. This document is for
communication only and not intended to imply a written or implied
contract of employment. The Board of Education and Superintendent
may approve alternatives to the listed qualifications.
Postings current as of 2/15/2023 8:45:12 PM CST. Powered by
applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education.
Keywords: Oklahoma City Public Schools, Oklahoma City , Director of Project Engineering, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...