Analyst - Measurement
Company: Energy Transfer
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Are you interested in joining our team? Chat with our digital
assistant to learn more about our company and apply right from your
Text ETP to 25000 to get started or apply through this web posting
if you prefer.
Energy Transfer, recognized by Forbes as one of America's best
large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering
America's energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create
superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable
future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing
commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children's Cancer
Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald
McDonald House and many more.
We value all of our employees who make our growth and success
possible. We are proud to offer industry leading compensation,
comprehensive benefits, 401(k) match with additional profit
sharing, PTO and abundant career opportunities.
Come join our award winning 11,000 strong organization as we fuel
the world and each other!
This position provides on-going measurement and analytical support
to the Measurement Team. Operates and maintains lab analytical
equipment, process on-line analyzers, sample systems, and performs
inspections and calibrations in a manner to meet operational needs
in compliance with partnership and regulatory requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The essential job
duties for this position are listed below:
* Monitor, analyze and make necessary edits as needed to incoming
volume and quality data to assure accuracy and completeness.
* Work closely with SCADA support team, communications technicians,
measurement technicians, and external customers to resolve missing
* With guidance from Senior Analyst or Lead Analyst, responsible
for estimating/editing missing custody transfer data that cannot be
recovered using customer data, historical data and measurement
* Reviews 15-minute, hourly, daily or batch volume or mass data,
where applicable, from meters to identify and correct erroneous,
invalid, and questionable data, thus assuring data sent to
customers and accounting department is accurate.
* Responsible for the setup of new meters in the measurement
system, based upon contractual terms, SCADA configuration reports,
and guidance from Senior Analyst or Lead Analyst.
* Uses historical data, and system validation rules, to evaluate
incoming gas chromatograph and sample analysis data to assure that
it is reasonable and representative. Coordinates with the field on
resolving sample issues.
* Maintain, generate, and distribute various reports needed to
evaluate the accuracy of measurement data.
* Compiles and evaluates incoming "third party" measurement data
and assures its agreement with check measurement data, where
* Reports, and helps troubleshoot physical pipeline L&U
balances based upon information compiled from pipeline operations,
field measurement operations, and commercial.
* Evaluates incoming meter test data (Flow-Cal TESTit, Flow-Cal
PROVEit, and PYCit) to determine if a current or prior period
adjustment is required by the contract and, with direction from
Senior Analyst or Lead Analyst, applies the necessary
* Performs Prior Period Adjustments, with guidance from Senior
Analysts or Lead Analysts, creating the required documentation for
SOX controls and accounting settlements.
* Maintains detailed records of all work performed including data
edits and system configuration changes to ensure compliance with
all company SOX controls.
* Maintain customer relations with third party customers.
* College degree or experience in lieu of degree.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 1-3 years of gas or liquid measurement experience, as
* Basic knowledge of MS Excel
* Knowledge of FLOWCAL or PGAS a plus.
* Office level proficiency with MS Outlook
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job
* Level C requires a minimum of 0 - 2 years of relevant experience
in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience.
* Level B requires a minimum of 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience.
* Level A requires a minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience in
a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience.
* Work independently with minimal supervision.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with
our customer base.
* PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, and
* Strong fundamental math skills; able to understand simple
chemistry and physical characteristics of hydrocarbon
* Some college or technical trade school is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally.
* Driving, walking, standing frequently.
* Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy
Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include
exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme
temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate
personal protective equipment.
* Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
The nature and frequency of the above working conditions and
requirements may vary depending on individual operational
circumstances. Where feasible, the Partnership will make reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable
them to perform the essential functions of the job.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of personnel so classified.
Keywords: Energy Transfer, Oklahoma City , Analyst - Measurement, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!