CADD Technician (Norman or Oklahoma City, OK)
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Under direction, the CAD Technician creates graphical
representations of various survey related projects, performs
various calculations and reduces data from field observations.
Understanding basic survey field techniques and ensuring quality
control of the survey elements are central to this position.DUTIES
- Prepare layout and perform drafting tasks and calculations from
simple instructions demonstrating a broad knowledge of AutoCAD,
AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation InRoads.
- Prepares technical drawings, exhibits, maps, and reports.
- Participates in pre-survey planning meetings with project
- Review scope of work for compliance.
- Runs calculations utilizing CAD programs
- Supports a field survey crew engaged in making plane and/or
geodetic surveys for construction, topographic, right-of-way, and
control survey projects with data and calculations.
- Use Microsoft Excel for tasks ranging from simple calculations
to database population, to exhibits for client submittal.
- Review / Interpret data from field notes with Party Chief to
clarify discrepancies, to assure conformance with the scope, and
adherence to standard survey practices.
- Analyzes raw data for mathematical closure and geometric
- Prepares finished grade sheets, corner records and other survey
- Maintains field data records, survey project files, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or MicroStation
- Proficient in Excel or equivalent program.
- Knowledge of GIS database management.
- Basic knowledge of land surveying laws and regulations.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities, organizational and
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and
- Ability to work with field employees
- Multitasking abilities
- Understands basic survey skills and the data collection
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent communication skills EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to Degree Level or equivalent.
- Five years' experience as a Crew Chief or equivalent.
Keywords: Parkhill, Oklahoma City , CADD Technician (Norman or Oklahoma City, OK), Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!