Electrical Distribution Engineer
Company: C.H. Guernsey & Company
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Distribution planning and design experience from the initial
conceptual/feasibility study and cost estimating phase through
detailed design, installation, and startup phases is essential
* Experience in performing Long Range Plans, Construction Work
Plans, and Coordination Studies for electric distribution
* Experience in the design and installation of new and modified
overhead distribution and underground distribution facilities.
* Experience in performing engineering analysis utilizing Milsoft's
WindMil and Light Table software.
* Experience in preparing settings for distribution reclosers and
* Experience in performing Periodic Work Order Inspections.
* Ability to develop and maintain technical standards associated
with distribution work.
* Utility relocation planning and coordination.
* Ability to interact and communicate with clients.
* Strong oral and written communication skills required along with
strong presentation skills.
* Coordination with substation engineers, P&C specialists,
designers, manufacturers, and other suppliers.
* Experience with RUS standards and documents, the NESC, and
knowledge of IEEE, ANSI, IEC, NERC/RFC, NFPA/NEC and other industry
standards and codes.
* Prepares written technical documents such as planning reports,
design criteria, specifications and other technical documents.
* Some travel is required.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Transmission design using PLSCAD.
* Substation design.
* Distributed Generation interconnect studies and system impact
* AutoCAD and ESRI experience
* BS in electrical engineering from accredited university
* 5+ years minimum experience with distribution design and planning
* PE license preferred. If not a current PE, applicant expected to
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
without employer sponsorship. Guernsey does not typically sponsor
H1-B or any other work visa petitions.
Essential Physical Functions: Stand or sit - must be able to remain
in a stationary position 50% of the time. Walk -this position
requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file
cabinets, office machinery, etc. - 25% of the time. Full range of
motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites - 25% of
the time. Use hands/fingers - must be able to operate a computer
and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy
machine, and computer printer - 50% of the time. Talk - This
position frequently communicates with internal and external
customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these
situations - 25% of the time. Vision - must be able to clearly
focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc.
- 50% of the time. Lift/Carry - must be able to lift/carry up to 30
lbs. of site equipment when necessary.
Keywords: C.H. Guernsey & Company, Oklahoma City , Electrical Distribution Engineer, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!