Senior Consultant - Corporate Compliance & Operational Risk - Energy, Resources, & Industrials
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Deloitte's Energy, Resources, & Industrials (ER&I) services
are distinguished by our risk-based approach, experienced
professionals, comprehensive methodologies, and technical
resources. ER&I combines competency and experience in the areas
of regulatory compliance, corporate ethics and compliance, risk
management, and an understanding of the energy industry to help
address our oil and gas and power and utility clients' most
The need to effectively manage risk has never been more important
for companies, especially in today's changing market and regulatory
environment. Our ER&I practice helps clients improve their
capabilities for managing the risks associated with operating in
physical and financial energy markets along with operating their
energy assets reliably and safely, with a focus on enabling them to
meet their business objectives and remain competitive in the
Using digital tools and innovative methodologies, we work with
clients to address their most complex challenges by assisting them
with developing compliance programs, defining regulatory risk
management strategies, introducing automation into their business
processes, improving compliance capabilities, and modernizing
compliance programs overall and working with our clients to
establish other enabling processes and technology. We provide
specialized regulatory and compliance analytic support related to
not only corporate compliance, but also in targeted compliance
areas such as those enforced by FERC, NERC, PHMSA, State PUCs, and
the CFTC. Additionally, we help to develop and implement
enterprise-wide compliance programs to manage market, operational
and corporate compliance requirements and regulatory risks.
With specialization in many of the areas associated with natural
gas, power and oil operations, our ER&I team includes former
commercial and operations personnel, staff attorneys, regulatory
specialists, and professional advisors. We help clients establish
operating models and programs to best manage their risks, as well
as help design and implement programs and systems, enabling clients
to monitor and balance risk management objectives with business
goals and the risk tolerance of leaders and boards.
Our other services include:
- Compliance Advisory
- Compliance Risk Management
- Operations Compliance Risk
- GRC Strategic Advisory Support
- Trade Monitoring and Surveillance Solutions
- Compliance Performance Management Measures
- Compliance Assurance
- Regulatory Requirements Inventorying
Operating in all major cities in North America, our people not only
gain exposure to multiple clients, but also have numerous
opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Due to continued demand for our professionals, we are currently
looking at expanding our team of ER&I specialists. We are
hiring at the Senior Consultant level.
Demonstrated Abilities - Senior Consultant:
- Interest and/or experience with understanding of energy markets
(natural gas, power, oil and/products) in the following topical
- FERC, NERC, PHMSA, CFTC compliance
- Wholesale power and/or natural gas markets
- LNG, Transmission, Generation operations
- Support client relationship and communication.
- Support role in attaining quality internal and external client
work products including technical content of reports and
- Demonstrate team building and project management skills.
- Opportunity to coordinate and team with professionals in other
areas of Regulatory & Operations Risk and Deloitte.
- Work closely with practice management to develop business
- Contribute to proposal development and marketing.
- Excellent project management skills and dealing with short-term
and long-term assignments is critical.
- Previous consulting experiences a plus, but not required.
Qualifications - Senior Consultant:
- 4-year degree; preferred candidates will have a degree in
Economics, Business, Political Science, Management Information
Systems, or Engineering.
- Risk Management/analysis experience
- Background in Compliance required
- Energy trading
- ETRM, CTRM experience
- 1+ years of experience with wholesale power or natural gas
markets, oil or products markets, compliance program development,
controls or assurance, and business process improvement.
- 1+ years of experience defining, planning, and executing
end-to-end Commodity & Risk Management solutions, including
transaction capture, risk management, logistics, and
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of tools is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Keywords: Deloitte, Oklahoma City , Senior Consultant - Corporate Compliance & Operational Risk - Energy, Resources, & Industrials, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!