Pharmacy Technician - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Pharmacy Technician
Company: Oklahoma City VA Medical Center
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Pharmacy Technician - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
VA Careers - Pharmacy:
The pharmacy technician represents the pharmacy in the medical
center and is to follow all established hospital and pharmacy
service policies and procedures to ensure high quality care the
Veteran. This position assists with pharmacy related duties as
assigned by the supervisor or lead pharmacist. Duties include, but
are not limited to the following:
- Understands the pharmacy drug distribution process, reads,
interprets and reviews verified prescriptions, identifies basic
therapeutic problems and communicates back to the
- Identifies basic therapeutic problems and communicates back to
the pharmacist, selects proper dose form, strength, and quantity of
medications, counts, pours, or measures medication into final
containers accurately, affixes proper label(s) records required
data on the appropriate form, prescription, or order.
- Inventories and replenishes emergency carts, anesthesia trays,
or other medication kits based on drug supply.
- Understands the pneumatic tube system and medications that can
be tubed to areas and limits of this system for medication
- Facilitates quality control in the pharmacy by performing
secondary reviews of doses prepared by other technicians or other
staff as requested.
- Understands and has knowledge of specific inventory areas such
as crash carts, Kitcheck trays (or similar), controlled substances,
IV Fluids, and automation inventory.
- Inventory and processing of IV fluids require appropriate body
mechanics to safely lift 40lbs repeatedly including lifting above
- Understands sterile and non-sterile pharmacy compounding
procedures, follows USP 795, 795 and 800 standards in the
performance of hand hygiene, donning PPE, product preparation by
master formulation record, and documentation requirements for
compounds in the compounding record.
- Able to recognize hazardous drugs and follows appropriate PPE
to prepare, dispense, or ransport hazardous pharmaceuticals
according to USP 797 and 800 standards.
Functional Statement #
nancial Disclosure Report:
Keywords: Oklahoma City VA Medical Center, Oklahoma City , Pharmacy Technician - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Pharmacy Technician, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!