Service Technician 2
Company: OWP Engines
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
OWP Engines (formally Perkins Pacific) is looking for a
motivated individual looking to be a part of a growing company and
have the opportunity to grow in their profession. Does this sound
like you?We are looking for a qualified mechanic to join the team
at our Oklahoma City, OK location as a Level 2 Service Technician.
We invite you to come and be part of taking our company to the next
level of repair and service that our customers deserve at OWP
Engines. Our Oklahoma City branch is a small shop, and we are proud
of our quick reliable service, servicing all brands of engines.OWP
Engines is a master distributor of Perkins engines with
full-service dealers throughout the Central and Western United
States. OWP Engines provides new and remanufactured Perkins engines
for more than 160 original equipment manufacturers, offering
best-in-class engines for material handling, agriculture,
construction, mining and industrial uses. We operate the largest
diesel engine remanufacturing program in North American and have
remanufactured Perkins engines for more than 20 years.OWP Engines
offers a competitive total compensation plan which includes a
comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical, dental, and
vision insurance, flexible spending account participation, Paid
Time Off ("PTO"), as well as company-paid holidays, and a generous
401K match program.Primary Duties:
- This position requires thorough knowledge of diesel or gas
engines, electrical and electronics.
- Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and
- Work safely and follow all OWP Engines safety policies and
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to
complete job (EST, SPI) accurately and timely.
- Thorough understanding of OWP Engines products, benefits and
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components,
and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Must supply his/her own mechanic tools and have general
knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in and support a "TEAM" environment.
- Must be willing to travel as support for field service
projects, as they dictate.
- Understanding and compliance with all OWP Engines & Customer
Safety Rules and Policies.
- Must be able to install, set up and troubleshoot and repair
engine control systems.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Perkins systems and products,
including Perkins EST.
- Must be competent with full diagnostics and tear down and
reassembly, as well as removal and installation of Perkins engines
in OEM machinery.Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Must have experience in Diesel Engine Technology.
- In-depth ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and
- Must be competent with a PC and Microsoft Office.Yaculta
Companies shall abide by the requirements of 40 CFR 60-1.4(a),
60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a).Yaculta Companies will not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
national origin. Yaculta Companies will take affirmative action to
ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated
during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
origin.Yaculta Companies will not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because they are a disabled veteran,
recently separated veteran, active duty wartime or campaign badge
veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran (hereinafter
collectively referred to as "protected veteran(s)") in regard to
any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is
qualified.Yaculta Companies will not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of physical or mental
disability in regard to any position for which the employee or
applicant for employment is qualified."EEO/AA
Employer/Vet/DisabledEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: OWP Engines, Oklahoma City , Service Technician 2, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!