RN - ER Float Pool- Flex
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Role Purpose:?Utilize the nursing process in care delivery and
provide nursing leadership for other patient care
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients;
accurately and within time-frame set in policy and procedures. ?
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment data,
develops a plan care for each assigned patient and delegates
patient care appropriately. Implements complex and individualized
nursing interventions for each patient assigned. ???
- Evaluates the effect of nursing care and modifies interventions
based on the patient's response. ???
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing
standards and institution policies and procedures. Consistently and
accurately implements and records physicians? orders. ???
- Educate patient and family based on assessed needs and
documents education provided. ???
- Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises care delivered by
LPNs and Techs. ???
- Perform routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units,
clinical areas, restrooms and other assigned areas following
established guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to utilize and
maintain equipment in a safe and proper manner (including
housekeeping cart). Utilize the appropriate cleaning agents and
supplies according to established procedures. ???
- Transport trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable
trash to appropriate disposal areas. ???
- Restock assigned areas and patient rooms with supplies, i.e.
paper towels, toilet paper, soap, linen bags, gloves, sharp
containers, and clean linen. ???
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon
dismissal as indicated. ???
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the
overall function of this position.?Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered
Nurse. Professional specialty certification required for certified
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).Preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Certification by the Emergency Department Nurses Association as
a CEN preferred.Physical Requirements:?Employees in this position
are, or can be, required to possess the following physical
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operationAbout SSM St. Anthony's Hospital?St. Anthony Hospital is a
601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,
oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,
established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves
the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout
Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals.
Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency
and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the
metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May
2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards
including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified
Healthy Business, Premier QUEST? Award for High-value Healthcare
Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than
local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City , RN - ER Float Pool- Flex, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!