Company: OU Medical System
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 12, 2019
The Buyer is responsible for processing all purchasing requests for
all supplies, services, and equipment. The Buyer is responsible for
ensuring all orders are processed in an accurate and timely manner,
as well as identifying and sourcing viable substitute products to
minimize the impact of backorders on our customers. The Buyer is
also responsible for ensuring that invoice and price discrepancies
are resolved and the back order report is current.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position.
Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an
accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Processes all assigned special purchase requests in a timely and
* Processes all on-line requisitions for assigned vendors within
twenty four hours
* Reviews OREC report weekly to ensure it remains current
* Works closely with Accounts Payable staff to resolve and avoid
any and all invoice discrepancies within forty-eight hours
* Validates receipt, review, and correct all EDI and fax
confirmations in order to eliminate any service failures
* Maintains a high degree of communication, cooperation and
coordination with assigned departments regarding purchases
* Reports any supplier or customer performance issues in accordance
with the policies and procedures
* Works closely with the Purchasing Manager to ensure that EDI, on
line requisitioning, electronic faxing, and file item additions are
* Expedites open purchase orders
* Maintains expedited log (courier) to track emergency
* Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct .
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor s required, or equivalent combination of
education/experience. Bachelor s in Finance, Supply Chain
Management, Business Management or other related field
EXPERIENCE: Three years of purchasing experience in a hospital
environment is preferred. Experience in budgeting, health care
industry supplies, materials management/supply chain preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: CPM Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Analytical - ability to understand and organize data.
* Communication - Superior oral and written communication
* Customer orientation establishes and maintains long-term customer
relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting
and exceeding expectations.
* PC skills demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office
applications and others as required.
* Time management ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at
OU Medicine has a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO,
401(k), medical and dental plans, but our offerings go beyond
traditional packages. We know that a total benefits and
compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs and
goals both inside and outside of the work environment, brings
additional rewards that create peace of mind for you and your
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medical System, Oklahoma City , Buyer, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!