JANITOR (OKLAHOMA CITY)
Company: Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma, Inc.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is seeking individuals to
help grow our mission- We help people overcome challenges to
employment. Working at Goodwill is more than a job. Joining our
team is a chance to do good for yourself and the community. With
our community's donations and contract services we generate the
money needed to support our programs which provide training and
supportive services to individuals who seek greater
We invite you to take the first step in making a difference by
applying to a position with Goodwill.
Hourly Pay Rate: 11.00 per hr
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Clean office areas, hallways, restrooms, or other assigned
areas using established procedures and equipment.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, wax, and/or polish floor using established
guidelines and equipment.
- Empty trash and garbage containers.
- May be required to wash walls and/or windows.
- May be required to clean dust and dirt from ceiling, walls,
overhead pipes and fixtures using long-handled brushes and vacuum
cleaner or clean lint, dust, oil and grease from machines using
brushes and/or air hose.
- May be required to vacuum and shampoo carpeting using
established guidelines and equipment.
- Work within safety guidelines of the department.
- Ability to make some basic decisions about priority of jobs to
- Willingness to perform routine and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work and relate well with people.
- Attends training as required.
- Review and be familiar with Goodwill of Central Oklahoma safety
policies, programs and procedures and adhere to all safety rules,
regulations and safety codes. Attend safety training and meetings
and report any unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries
- Perform other duties and projects as required by
- 1 year experience in custodial work, preferred.
- Must pass OSBI/DOC background check
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Reliable transportation and communication, required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Job Skills Knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several
projects at once.
- Strong sense of internal and external customer
- Good time management skills and demonstrate adherence to
timelines and schedules.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range
- Public relation skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- This work is physical and requires the following activities:
Standing, walking, twisting, bending, grabbing and reaching for
long periods of time; occasional squatting, kneeling, stooping;
good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions;
talking, hearing, smelling and visual acuity.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds, or more with
- Works in a climate controlled environment most of the time but
may be exposed to dusts, molds and dirt which performing job
- Works a variable schedule as needed for business operations
which may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays which may
vary week to week as well as occasional overtime when approved by
- Moderate noise level.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position.
These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma, Inc., Oklahoma City , JANITOR (OKLAHOMA CITY), Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!