Company: Government jobs
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job Summary: Performs a variety of cleaning and minor building
maintenance/repair activities in and around assigned Zoo
exhibits/facilities. This position ensures that the general public
and staff enjoy a clean and safe environment.
Examples Of Duties
Essential Job Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of
the following essential duties:
- Perform general cleaning and housekeeping inside building over
an assigned area such as cleaning and sanitizing public restrooms,
vacuuming and disinfecting floors, washing windows, dusting
furniture, and emptying trash cans.
- Assist with maintaining outside cleanliness of grounds by
picking up litter/trash, emptying trash containers, hosing down
ramps/patios, clearing pathways, sidewalks, parking lots, and
- Assist guests with directions or questions and provide
excellent Guest Service.
- Clean up after special events.
- Run light machinery for designated area like floor scrubbers or
floor waxing machines or minor building repairs.
- Perform minor maintenance duties as needed.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA's) for Position
An employee in this class must have the following knowledge,
skills, and abilities upon application:
- Cleaning equipment and supplies used for cleaning work.
- General gas-powered equipment, Power Washers, Vacuums, Power
Sweepers, and Leaf Blowers.
- General building maintenance methods and practices, including
painting, and floor stripping, and waxing.
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS) concerning blood borne pathogens.
- Oklahoma City Zoological Park's programs, activities, exhibits,
- Policies, practices, and procedures of the department.
- Policies and procedures of the Oklahoma City Zoological
- Understanding and following instructions and directions.
- Strong sensory skills, such as eyesight, hearing, balance, and
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Operate a variety of hand/power tools including reading a
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working in an environment subject to constant interruptions and
quickly changing priorities.
- Practice safe work methods, identifying work place hazards, and
using appropriate safety equipment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include
evenings, weekends, holidays, and during emergency situations such
as dictated by weather.
- Required to walk, sit and stand for periods of time.
- Push, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, and move intermittently throughout the
- May be exposed to fumes, odors, dust, moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions, such as heat, cold,
rain, snow and ice.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous animals. Typical
Experience Required: One (1) year working in custodial housekeeping
Or equivalent combination of education and experience to
successfully perform the duties of the job.
01 Are you at least 18 years of age?
02 Are you able to work evening shifts?
* Required Question
Keywords: Government jobs, Oklahoma City , Custodian, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!