New Business Specialist
Company: Globe Life Family Heritage Division
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The New Business department is seeking a positive individual to
join their team as a New Business Specialist supporting our
corporate office in Oklahoma City. Responsibilities include mail
opening and processing, working exceptions records such as no phone
number, no birthdate, frequent applier and others, scanning
applications prior to and after keying by Data Entry, Underwriting,
Premium Accounting, and miscellaneous documents. The NB Specialist
will have specific duties that must be completed daily and other
job duties as assigned.Primary Duties and Responsibilities;
- Sort mail trays delivered by courier daily.
- Process all mail received through the milling machine to obtain
counts and prepare mail for opening.
- Open mail on the OPEX letter opening machines.
- Open mail by hand when necessary.
- Prepare applications for scanning by sorting and batching.
- Deliver paper applications and other documents to Data Entry
that requiring keying prior to scanning.
- Scan direct mail applications, applications with attachments
and miscellaneous documents.
- Work records that require research prior to processing through
the New Business system (exceptions).
- Work Other Coverage records to verify records are ready to be
released from the system and issued.
- Review all applications prior to processing to ensure all data
necessary for keying of the app has been received.
- Sort cash received into different denominations.
- Sort checks received into different denominations.
- Sort checks received that are over 1.00 into a separate batch
indicate the amount on the app and initialize each check.
- Use letter writing program to advise applicants of additional
information needed on an application.
- Use letter writing program to advise applicants when money
received over 1.00 cannot be accepted.
- Respond in writing or by email to applicant
- Retrieve applications opened on the OPEX machines and deliver
to the scanning station.
- Research pending New Business records for Customer Service or
QAC by email or through messaging system (msgl).
- Work with the underwriting department in researching and
dispositioning records when required.
- Keep in inventory the previous four weeks scanned
- Deliver to shredding bins applications that are more than four
- Pull applications from inventory that require rescanning.
- Applications with redacted credit card information must be
locked in file cabinet after scanning until it is time to
- Clean and vacuum the scanners daily.
- Maintain a daily production sheet.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Good basic math skills.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office in particular
- The person filling this position should be a self-starter with
outstanding attention to details.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment, quickly assess
problems and find workable solutions.Physical Requirements:
Occasionally bends/stoops and kneels. Rarely squats, reaches above
shoulder level, crouch or push/pull. Rarely lifts waist to overhead
up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts floor to waist and carries
up to 10 pounds.Required Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years in a job requiring similar skill sets.
- Must have the desire to learn new tasks and take on additional
Keywords: Globe Life Family Heritage Division, Oklahoma City , New Business Specialist, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!