Company: Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Downtown /
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar
area and the preparation of drinks and the service of beverages and
or food for all guests and servers. They need to maintain the
service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring quality service,
guest satisfaction and have control over liquor inventory.
*Position Qualifications and Requirements: *
Education & Experience:
* High school diploma, GED documentation is preferred and one to
two years experience
* Must meet minimum state requirement for serving alcohol
* Alcohol awareness certification and food service permit as
required by local or state government agency.
* Long hours sometimes required and occasional overtime may be
indicated, includes nights and weekends
* Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and
/or 30 pounds of force frequently or
* constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
* Ability to stand for entire shift.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of
action quickly and accurately
* Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and
resolve them to satisfactory results.
* Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
* Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying
concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
* Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic function.
*Responsibilities may include any and all of the following: *
* Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prism standards,
as required by scheduling, which will
* vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes a clean, pressed uniform and a correct nametag when
* Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members
* Greets guests pleasantly as they approach the bar; promotes house
drinks and food items; utilizes up selling skills whenever possible
to maximize revenues.
* Prepares beverages requested by customers or servers according to
standard operating procedures establishing proper proportions and
ingredients to control costs and provide a consistent product to
* Maintains clean and organized work areas to maximize efficiency;
sets up the bar and back bar according to established
* Monitors guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to
determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notifies
management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or
impaired condition of customers.
* Ring guest checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room
charges according to standards.
* Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to
ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently
* Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards for
mixing, portion control, and presentation.
* Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm,
friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
* Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
* Be familiar with the computer system.
* Follow all state liquor laws.
* Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
* Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid
problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to
* Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed.
(bottle for bottle method)
* Stock and clean glassware.
* Check for proper identification, must be acceptable proof of 21
years of age. (Drivers license, military I.D., birth passport,
* Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and attached
properly to the bar.
* Prepare all garnishes including any and all side work according
* Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge area as needed.
* Attend meetings/training as required by management
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $9.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Casual dining restaurant
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
* ABLE License (Required)
* ServSafe (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Downtown / , Oklahoma City , Bartender, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!