Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City South
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City South is one of two
rehab hospitals in OKC that is a joint venture between Mercy and
Kindred Healthcare. It is a 36-bed rehabilitation hospital located
in the southern part of the city and will serve patients recovering
from strokes and other long-term illnesses or injuries and features
specialized clinical programs. JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility
and accountability for a designated group of patients and provides
speech and language therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments
in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies
and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient
- A -Bachelor's and Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology,
Communication Disorders, Communicative Disorders, or similarly
titled area that is consistent and acceptable to the American
- Possess or eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence
from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be
eligible to participate as an ASHA Clinical Fellow (CFY).
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in state.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR card.
- Performs patient assessment.
- Establish a plan of care.
- Provides care in accordance with physician's orders and
established plan of care.
- Assesses the effectiveness of treatment and modifies treatment
to achieve goals.
- Plans for patient discharge. Communicates with patient, family,
caregivers, significant other, and members of the healthcare team
to achieve rehabilitation goals and promote maximum benefits of
- Participates in performance improvement and program development
- Provides input into the budgetary planning process;
contributing to cost effectiveness of services and programs
provided by the department.
- Assess educational needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or
significant other and provides education to meet those needs.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients,
visitors, and staff. Assesses the risks for safety and implements
appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved
- Utilizes the appropriate leadership skills in delegating,
organizing, and educating coworkers and staff. Coordinates and
supervises appropriate levels of staff including interns, students,
Keywords: Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City South, Oklahoma City , Speech Language Pathologist, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!