Senior Residential Real Estate Appraiser
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 24, 2022
About this role: Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) protects
the Wells Fargo brand, shareholder value, and the communities we
serve by ensuring all real estate valuations are reliable. We do
this by setting industry leading policies, guidelines, and
practices for real estate valuations that are risk-based and
analytics supported. As the largest mortgage originator and
servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is
critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an
independent risk management function within the Chief Operating
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation
- Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation
processes and practices are in place for all valuations across
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and
execution Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Valuations Specialist. As
an experienced Real Estate Appraiser, the candidate will be
expected to be an expert at completing challenging valuation
assignments of all types of residential properties and vacant land
at any transaction amount. The candidate must be able to solve most
complex valuation problems independently. This candidate is
expected to meet production goals and provide the highest level of
service and quality standards. This position is 100% remote, but
the Appraiser should reside in Oklahoma County, OK. In this role,
- Perform all aspects of complex and non-complex valuation
assignments. Assignments consist of residential (1-4 unit
properties and vacant land) appraisal and appraisal review
assignments which may include full inspection walk-throughs and
exterior drive-by assignments in a large geographic territory as
well as desk assignments.
- Ensure valuation assignments are completed in a timely manner
with the highest level of quality and comply with Federal and State
laws, corporate policies and procedures as well as the Uniform
Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- Exercise sound judgment, work independently with a minimal
amount of supervision.
- Demonstrate advanced use of various appraisal related
technologies throughout the appraisal process.
- Interact with integrity and a professional manner with external
customers during appointment setting and in person inspections of
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners to provide
solutions for complex issues. Required Qualifications:
- 4+ years of Valuations, Lending, Underwriting experience, or
equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the
following: work experience, training, military experience,
- Certified General or Certified Residential Appraiser. Desired
- Expanded knowledge and understanding of the principles of real
estate appraisal and local real estate markets.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication
- Excellent organization and analytical skills with high
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines and work
independently with minimal supervision in a structured
- Advanced technical skills with appraisal related tools
including computer technology, appraisal software, automated
valuation tools and Multiple Listing Services.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Financial services and/or bank experience.
- Experience in mentoring trainee appraisers and completion of
the AQB supervisor course. Job Expectations:
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle, have access to reliable
transportation and a valid, state issued driver's license.
- Ability to cover a large geographic territory.
- Ability to work remote including reliable internet
- Perform work both indoors and outdoors.
- Must have use of two hands or functional equivalent.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs.
- Ability to walk up and down sloped terrain and to bend.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. We Value
Diversity At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and
inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications
for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race,
color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information,
individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as
a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable
law. Employees support our focus on building strong customer
relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and
compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those
disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and
company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk
programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory
Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to
applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately
fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective
escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk
decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance,
risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk
decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and
all risk and compliance program requirements. Candidates applying
to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Candidates
applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for
employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including
women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible
minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is
available upon request in connection with the recruitment
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Oklahoma City , Senior Residential Real Estate Appraiser, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!