Certified Welding Inspector-Client Representative - Oklahoma City, OK
Company: PPI Quality & Engineering
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 23, 2022
*Roles & Responsibilities*
* Codes, standards and specifications: Interpretation of the intent
and ensuring the requirements of codes, standards and
specifications are met.
* Welding procedures: Ensuring that a procedure is available, has
been approved and is being employed in production.
* Witnessing of welder and procedure approval tests: Witnessing the
preparation of test plates and destructive tests and verifying
compliance with appropriate standards and specifications.
* Pre-weld inspection: Verification that dimensions, fit-up and
weld preparations are in accordance with specifications.
* In-process welding inspection and surveillance: Surveillance
during welding to verify compliance with specified procedures
including any pre -heat, interpass temperature control and post
heat require -ments.
* Inspection and Test Plans: Assistance and agreement with the
preparation of Inspection and Test Plans (ITP's)
* Post-weld heat treatment: Verification, when required that post
weld heat treat -ment has been conducted in accordance with
* Post-weld visual inspection: Visual inspection and dimensional
check of completed weldment against specification require -ments
* NDT reports: The study and cognizance of NDT results on any
welding work for which the welding inspector is responsible. Where
the duties of the welding inspector include using NDT methods such
as liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, radiography or ultrasonic
inspection then it is suggested that he/she obtains certification
in accordance with the related approval schemes.
* Reports: Evaluation of and preparation of inspection reports for
the employer or the client.
* AWS CWI
* Structural Steel / Pipe inspection experience
* Third Party Vendor Surveillance experience
* NDT certifications: Level II MT and UT
* Coating certification
*Oklahoma City, OK (local candidates preferred within a 50 mile
* Scheduled to begin in 3-4 weeks
* 3 days per week / 8 hours per day
*Compensation / Status*
* Contract / 1099
* $40 - $45 USD per hour worked / travelled
* Mileage reimbursed at IRS rate
* No per diem / No expenses
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $40.00 - $45.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Oklahoma City, OK 73106: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Surveillance: 2 years (Required)
* Quality inspection: 2 years (Required)
* Certified Welding Inspector (Required)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: PPI Quality & Engineering, Oklahoma City , Certified Welding Inspector-Client Representative - Oklahoma City, OK, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!