District Security Officer - 209 days (Days/Weekends)
Company: Oklahoma City Public Schools
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Security/Campus Security Officer - 245 days
Reports To: Campus Security Lead
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation: 909 (Salary determined by experience)
Work Days: 209 - 4 / 10 hr shifts
District Security Officer - 209 days
Position is responsible for the overall safety and security of the
assigned OKCPS campus facility. The security team plays a critical
role in the school district's culture and climate. A composed,
structured, and positive environment is the top priority of the
Security Director and the Security Team. The Security Team is
actively engaged in ensuring the safety of all students, staff, and
facilities is paramount.
- Monitors and operates security surveillance and facility
security equipment, patrol and monitor hallways, stairwells,
interior and exterior facilities, and other public and unsupervised
places of the administration building to ensure the safety and
well-being of students and staff including the security of the
- Enforces traffic, parking, and other vehicle matters when
- Assists all staff, police, and/or emergency personnel in
handling situations as needed to include emergencies or disruptive
situations to include removal of personnel from the premises.
- Provides overall assistance to the facility staff when
- Encourages and ensures OKCPS staff and visitors wear
identification badges or stickers when in the facility.
- Assists visitors with directions and secures proper
- Reports any discipline infractions, unauthorized visitors, and
acts of vandalism to the appropriate authority. Notifies the
building administration, police, and/or appropriate emergency
personnel of any emergency, potentially dangerous, or unusual
situations, following Policy and Regulations.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately of evidence of
substance abuse, child abuse, child neglect, severe medical or
social conditions, potential suicide, or individuals appearing to
be under the influence of alcohol, controlled substances, or
- Participates in appropriate in-service and workshop
- Protects confidentiality of records and information about
staff, and uses discretion when sharing any such information within
- Adhere to federal statutes and regulations, Oklahoma school
law, construction codes, State Board of Education rules and
regulations, Board of Education policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Oklahoma CLEET Armed Guard License and must be at least 21
years of age.
- Three (3) years plus of security officer or law enforcement
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's License and ability to meet fleet
driver insurance requirements.
- Must provide own lawfully registered weapon, ammunition, and
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
- Ability to operate and maintain facility security
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally
and in writing.
- Ability to deal objectively and fairly with people from diverse
- Ability to interact effectively with students, staff, parents,
and community members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Adherence to district and department uniform and grooming
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, public
relations, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities):
- Black nylon tactical duty equipment.
*Relevant experience may be substituted for formal education at a
2:1 ratio. Therefore for every 1 year of college lacking, 2 years
of directly relevant experience may be substituted.
- Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and
perform required duties on the computer
- Must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and
transcribe written material and other required duties
- Requires normal range of hearing and clear speaking abilities
to interact appropriately with others in person and on the
- Requires some stooping, bending, stretching and occasional
lifting not to exceed 25 pounds
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- May periodically require work outside of normal business hours,
including weekends, under sometimes stressful conditions in order
to meet business needs and strict deadlines
- Office duties will be performed in a well-lighted, climate
controlled environment and/or outdoors for routine walkabouts.
Keywords: Oklahoma City Public Schools, Oklahoma City , District Security Officer - 209 days (Days/Weekends), Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!