EMT - Full Time Evening Shift (8 hour shifts)
Company: Dean Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Assists in performing a variety of nursing care services for
* Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
* Collects and documents data for reassessment at specific times
for patient population.
* Documents and provides appropriate data to the Physician, RN
and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient's response to
care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the
* As appropriate to the environment working in, demonstrates
knowledge of appropriate lead placement for routine cardiac
monitoring and 12 lead EKG. Performs 12 lead EKG on patient
according to policy and procedures.
* May assist physician and nursing staff with medical
* Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment.
* Turns over rooms after each patient use: Cleans carrier, changes
sheets, restocks supplies, disposes of trash, ensures equipment
returns to its proper place, and takes care of instrument trays
according to the current procedure.
* Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
* Prepares patients for discharge or completion of patient visit
and accompanies them upon dismissal as indicated. Transports
patients to a receiving department or facility if indicated.
* As appropriate to the environment working in, safely operates an
ambulance and EMS radios during non-emergency and emergency
situations. Cleans and maintains ambulance's interior and exterior
regularly. Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping
with patient care needs and cost containment. After each patient
use: cleans unit, cleans carrier, changes sheets, restocks
supplies, disposes of trash, and ensures equipment returns to its
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* No experience required
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: Dean Health, Oklahoma City , EMT - Full Time Evening Shift (8 hour shifts), Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!