Company: Epworth Villa
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionCompetitive starting pay of $16.00+ per hour.
$500 Sign-on bonus for all Full-time applications. Available shifts
available:Thurs- Sat 7a-7p /Thurs & Sat 7pm-11pm /Sun, Wed, Thurs,
Sat 7pm-11pm/ Sunday 7am-7pmElders work their entire lives so they
can have security in their golden years. Here at Epworth, we
believe that providing an environment where seniors thrive is our
mission.We want to ensure that our residents wake up each morning
knowing they are empowered to make decisions regarding their daily
living. Epworth Villa creates a safe environment while developing
positive relationships with residents and employees.Working at
Epworth is more than a job. We build relationships one at a time,
creating a fun and inviting atmosphere for our Residents and
employees. We invest in each other and provide opportunities for
growth, as well as joyful purpose.Our authentic staff will support
your efforts to empower residents and help them feel engaged and
respected while you feel confident knowing you are set up for
success.Working at Epworth is more than a job. We build
relationships one at a time, creating a fun and inviting atmosphere
for our Residents and employees. We invest in each other and
provide opportunities for growth.Our amazing benefits package
includes a medical, dental, and vision plan plus company-provided
life insurance, short and long term disability, and paid time off.
401k contributions can start on the first day of employment, and
the company matches after one year of successful employment.The
Certified Medication Aide (CMA) provides personal care and helps
with other household chores for residents, which may include
bathing, grooming, toileting, nourishment, answering call lights,
etc., in a manner conducive to the resident's comfort and safety.
He/she must be able to follow the individual care plan and document
all activities according to current policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate has a high school diploma/GED, certification as
a CMA, and the ability to attaint current CPR/First Aid
certification. Candidates must have excellent communication,
organization, and time management skills to ensure the efficient
delivery of care.
Physical Demands:Flow of work and character of duties involve the
coordination of manual dexterity and normal mental and visual
attention. Activities: Walking, stooping, lifting, pulling,
reaching, talking, handling, hearing, standing, carrying, fingering
(limited keyboarding), seeing, working speed, sitting. The employee
is occasionally required to reach with hand and arms and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to push an
occupied wheelchair, which may weigh more than 300 pounds and lift
50 to 100 pounds. You may experience possible exposure to
conditions normally expected of Eldercare areas, such as unpleasant
sights, odors, and difficult interpersonal situations. There is a
potential for injury and exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and
- Delivers care by following Epworth Villa's and Oklahoma's
Standards of Practice for Health Care
- Observes and is alert to each resident's condition and provides
timely reports regarding changes in resident's behavior,
appearance, and physical ability to the charge nurse
- Performs resident care following the individualized plan of
resident care according to the shift assignment sheet as needed,
which includes pantry and food preparation, bussing tables,
refilling drinks, clearing and re-setting counter or tables,
cleaning dining room area and kitchen, serving meals in a gracious
and courteous manner, bathing, grooming, toileting, helping with
nourishment, helping with rest or activity, and transferring
- Answers call lights in a manner conducive to the residents'
comfort and safety
- Completes/provides additional care training, such as Safety,
Teamwork, Aging and Illness, Communication, Nutrition, Spirituality
and Dying, Quality of Life, Dementia, Family Dynamics, Culture
Change, and Restorative Aid
- Maintains all required certifications, including C.M.A., TB
Skin Test, CPR, and First Aid
- Attends all in-service education required by Epworth Villa
- Performs other duties as assignedMedication Administration:
- Correctly prepares, administers and documents regularly
prescribed and PRN medications within allotted time frames
following safe, established standards.
- Ensures that medications are always available for
administration as ordered.
- Follows all procedures relative to process of ordering,
discontinuing, and checking for expired meds.
- Monitors and records Vital Signs of residents as ordered. Keeps
med cart and med room neat, clean.
- All care delivered is to be done while observing Epworth Villa
and Oklahoma's Standards of Practice for Health Care.
- High school diploma/GED
- Certification as a Medication Aide (C.M.A.) in this state
- Current CPR/First Aid certification through the American Heart
- Fluent English speaking/writing communication skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills to develop relationships
with clients, staff, and providers
- Must be able to maintain general sanitary/safety practices
- Must have a genuine desire to work with the elderly and/or
- Some computer literacy required
- Must be able to occasionally exert 50 to 100 pounds of
forcePowered by JazzHRAPhgYhKQ58
Keywords: Epworth Villa, Oklahoma City , CMA SNF/LTC, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!