Automation Controls Specialist
Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or
Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps
snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If
the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
#LI-CW1Position Summary: We are seeking a self-motivated candidate
to manage and supervise essential maintenance activities and
provide automation controls support to a highly automated and fast
paced baking, or distribution facility. The qualified candidate
should understand basics of industrial facilities and have strong
problem solving and trouble shooting skills with a strong
background in electrical and industrial controls. The position will
require experience with the latest versions of the Allen Bradley
family of PLC's, VFD's and HMI's/OIT's to be used in conjunction
with a strong understanding of electrical controls systems,
mechanical drives, pneumatics, hydraulics, PC's, Robotics, and
Controls networks.Key Job Responsibilities:
* Have experience in SLC 500 and Logix 5000 series PLC's and
PanelView ME Studio Programming to Level 4 and 5.
* Knowledge of Kinetix Servo systems.
* Sequential Flow Chart Programming knowledge,Logix 5000.
* Have knowledge of EnetIP Networks and fault-finding
* Familiarity with Rockwell SE, and Historian.
* Understanding of computer operating systems such as Windows 10,
Server 2019 and Thin Clients etc.
* Review key plant metrics/KPIs and equipment data to identify
potential areas for continuous improvement then lead a team to
develop an engineered solution
* Provide electrical troubleshooting and industrial controls
support to the maintenance department.
* Provide support for the manufacturing Controls networks with an
understanding of IP addressing, machine network switches and Vlan
topology and as a liaison between plant personnel, corporate
engineering and IT when needed.
* Manage Rockwell Automation and other software/hardware and
programs on department computers as well as ensuring all control
devices are up to date with firmware and software revisions
knowledge of Asset Center.
* Maintain a library for all control device back-ups and
* Work closely with operations management to provide effective
* Lead PdM (Predictive Maintenance) initiatives through conducting
and training Maintenance personnel on Thermography, Ultrasonic Leak
Detection and Vibration Analysis.
* Ensure equipment in area is maintained, guarded and operated in
accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
* Identify potential cost savings and cost avoidance; implement
continuous improvement projects to achieve results
* Participate in budget planning for area and department
* Visit equipment suppliers as needed to inspect new equipment
ensuring compliance with BBU corporate electrical
* Ensure all new and retrofitted equipment has optimized electrical
* Support other BBU facilities if required, may require some minor
* Will be responsible for Mentoring, Developing, Training and
Validating knowledge of electrical troubleshooting and controls
systems with all Mechanics Job Requirements Key Behavioral
* Provide leadership and, or training to one or two other
* Promote a strong teamwork environment
* Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety,
Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an
understanding that these are absolutes & are Priority #1.
* Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in
English in order to understand and follow work and safety
* Capable of moving up and down building stairways in a multi-level
plant to reach job assignments and perform the tasks required.
* Worker will be exposed to all hazards of machinery and equipment
in an operational baking environment Education and Work
* EE Degree, or equivalent
* Three, or more years' experience in the Automation field
* A combination of education, training, and experience that results
in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be
* Equipment specific knowledge may be required based on
* Strong experience with the following software packages o Rockwell
Controls Software o AutoCad (Preferred) o Microsoft Office
* Strong overall electrical knowledge and experience with
electrical and industrial control systems.
* Excellent communication skills and effective team building skills
* Experience in a food processing plant is a plus The physical and
mental demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be requestedto
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy
that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and
employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification
protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment,
including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation,
reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other
working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment
opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action
plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with
disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and
other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Oklahoma City , Automation Controls Specialist, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!