Gun Vault Specialist
Company: Bass Pro, LLC
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position summary: This position requires the ability to safely
handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal
firearms regulations. Responsible for acquiring and disposing
firearms and the integrity of the ATF required A&D bound book,
and maintaining a complete, thorough and accurate firearms
inventory in accordance with all company, local, state, and federal
firearm regulation / policy.Position responsibilities:
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service
and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all
customers and Associates.
- Organizes and maintains firearms in all locations within the
retail store to include Gun Counter, Fine Gun Room / Gun Library,
and Gun Vault.
- Ensure proper completion of ATF required forms, applicable
state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and
screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale,
complying with waiting periods or other possible state
requirements, and preventing possible straw purchases.
- Promptly respond to all ATF, or State Firearm Trace
- Physically, and systematically receive / acquire incoming
firearms and / or black powder using A&D log books and
electronic A&D system, by close of business each day. Verifies
gun accuracy to from steel of gun, to box, to receiving documents
- Responsible for disposing firearms shipped / transferred to
licensed dealers, or stores, and for verifying disposition data fed
from the electronic 4473 to the A&D book, by close of business
- Sets and maintains all ads related to firearms.
- Conducts monthly firearms audits.
- Assists with training of store associates as requested by the
GM or Ops Support Reg. Mgr.
- Contacts customers via telephone, certified mail or e-mail
concerning necessary corrections to 4473 forms to keep the retail
location in compliance with the ATF
- Follows all Company policies and procedures.
- Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to
include, but not limited to, restocking, remerchandising, cleaning
fixtures, and vacuuming. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness
standards within the department and back room including attention
to proper facing of firearms tags and performing opening and
- Responsible for participating in ongoing training including,
but not limited to firearms and shooting product information,
diverse shooting discipline awareness, systems training, compliance
related training, and selling skills / techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring all firearms are acquired and disposed
safely utilizing company protocols, proper and error free
completion of all company forms, properly storing / locating,
cleaning, and preparation of firearms for retail sale, working
replenishment of firearms to the sales floor, properly packaging
and shipping firearms in accordance with federal / state laws and
company policy, safely checking / clearing firearms received by
customers or via shipment, as well as mounting accessories / optics
to firearms.Education and/or Experience
- Ability to understand, recall, and follow complex compliance
regulations and to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be eligible to sell
firearms in accordance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Previous experience with Inventory Control procedures
- Prior knowledge and experience with firearms preferred.
- Stays abreast of all ATF and state laws /
Keywords: Bass Pro, LLC, Oklahoma City , Gun Vault Specialist, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!