IT Security Architect - Cyber Security (Enterprise Security Architecture)
Company: OU Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Position Title:IT Security Architect - Cyber Security
(Enterprise Security Architecture)Department:Information SystemsJob
Description:General Description: The IT Security Architect is
responsible for the design, implementation, and support of various
risk based activities and IT security technologies and solutions
for OU Health, remote clinics, and office buildings. This position
will manage data collection, reporting, and trending for all
critical systems components and services, and will require
collaboration with other technical resources in OU Health to assess
and take authorized action on anticipated improvements. The IT
Security Architect assists and leads in the diagnosis and
resolution of the most complex platform incidents and requests that
require research and diagnosis, and recommends process changes that
improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of systems
security. This position actively participates in strategic planning
and 24x7 on-call support with other members of IT staff.The IT
Security Architect provides leadership, coordination, and
communication for projects involving security solutions. This
includes, but may not be limited to, the design, implementation,
and deployment of various security technologies within the
enterprise. This position is responsible for defining scope of
various projects, ensures that all deliverables are met, and
adheres to and supports IT policies and procedures.This position is
responsible achieving alignment and continuity between enterprise,
business and IT strategies, leveraging existing security
investments and providing scalable options as business requirements
necessitate a need for change. This requires the IT Security
Architect to keep abreast of the latest security and risk
management technologies, services, and components, actively
facilitate communication between the business and IT, and provide
coordination to a team of resources assigned to accomplish specific
technical tasks.Essential Responsibilities: Responsibilities listed
in this section are core to the position. - Inability to perform
these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result
in disqualification from the position. -
- Provides local leadership, subject matter knowledge,
coordination, and communication for projects involving cyber
security and information risk, including defining scope and
ensuring deliverables are met.
- Ensures alignment and continuity between enterprise, business
and IT strategies.
- Creates business case proposals, analysis of technologies,
financials, and proposed project plans.
- Creates RFPs, conducts reviews/assessments, and makes vendor
- Performs contract reviews and ensure risks are mitigated.
- Designs, implements, monitors and supports hardware and
software related to the cyber security and information risk
- Conducts various security assessments and control reviews.
- Identifies gaps to security protocol in existing
- Provides security awareness training.
- Participates in strategic planning; creation and maintenance of
standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manages data collection, reporting, and trending for critical
risk and security devices and components.
- Proactively addresses a change in business requirements by
leveraging existing risk and security investments.
- Provides 24x7 on-call support based on IT staff rotation and
carries a phone as warranted, to assist with the most complex
troubleshooting, coordination, escalation, and resolution of risk
and security-based incidents, equipment failures, etc...
- Leads the build of technology operational models and work flows
for the business.
- Provides strategic contingency planning from a security and
- Provides vendor management, service level definition and
service level management for vendors of risk and security
technologies and/or services. -
- Coordinates and participates in regular business meetings and
workshops with technical staff to ensure timely transfer of
knowledge, which affects security architecture and security
- Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education
to improve individual, departmental and organizational
- Aids and trains users on proper use of technology.
- Adheres to and support OU Health IT standards, policies and
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all
aspects of patient care and employee information.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value
- Performs other duties as assignedMinimum
Qualifications:Education: Bachelor's degree in a computer science
or information technology related subject is preferred.Experience:
-Six plus (6+) years experience with complex system and security
technologies and / or 6+ information risk experience. Candidate
should have managed multiple high-risk projects, including projects
involving external vendors and multiple business areas in the
health care information field. Multiple entity experience is
preferred. Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining
project deliverables such as project charter, project plan, status
reports, project timesheets, estimates, communication plan, change
control reporting, risk management plan, technical release
management plan, budget (work hours and cost),
charts.License(s)/Certification(s)/Registration(s) Required: -CISSP
or GSEC or CISM required or obtain certification within 24 months
of hire. Current or previously held vendor, security, systems,
architect, project, audit, or network certifications preferred
examples include; Cisco security, Microsoft Security, CCNP, CCNA,
MCSE, CISM, CISA, CEH etc. Current Driver's License, proof of auto
insurance, and reliable personal transportation capable of
transporting both employee and standard work equipment.Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities: Strong technical competencies in the
- In depth knowledge of supported operating systems (Windows
server and VMware ESX) network technology (Route, Switch, Firewall,
VPN), utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages
and scripting, diagnostic techniques, applicable communications
protocols, applicable hardware configurations
- Must have 2 years' experience in deploying technically complex
infrastructure computing solutions across platforms and
- Must have security regulation and security framework knowledge.
Examples include, HIPAA, HITECH, HITRUST, NIST, ISO, and COBIT. -
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following topics:
firewall management, content filtering, IDS/IPS management, DLP,
Identity management, and cloud security management.
- Ability to work with IT technical resources and understand
their requirements is necessary.
- Leadership skills to establish and maintain business relations
with technical resources, customers, business partners, vendors,
and other IT personnel
- Change Management - High tolerance for Change
- Political Judgment - Involves all relevant stakeholders in
major decisions; Strong facilitation skills; Utilizes approaches
that foster ownership and minimize resistance
- Hands-on Approach - Acts as a role model for other technical
resources; maintains subject matter depth and breadth;
knowledgeable of current issues
- Makes decisions which are in the best interests of the business
without succumbing to pressures
- Is available and accessible; Maintains a positive attitude
- Organization - Proactively prioritizes needs; Effectively
- Communication - Communicates complicated technical scenarios in
common terms; Communicates clearly across a wide audience (oral and
- Customer Orientation - Establishes and maintains long-term
customer relationships, builds trusts and is respected by
consistently meeting or exceeding expectations
- Motivate and challenge technical resources
- Problem Management
- Project Management#cbCurrent OU Health Employees - Please click
to login.OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and
dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and
compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both
inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind
for you and your family.
Keywords: OU Health, Oklahoma City , IT Security Architect - Cyber Security (Enterprise Security Architecture), Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!