Company: Baylor Surgical Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
EVERY DAY GIVING EXCELLENCE
"Each Patient, Each Family, Each & Every Time"
Our staff is committed to creating an environment in which patients
not only receive the best quality care but also the highest level
of service. The staff works to continuously improve the processes
that are important in meeting the needs of patients, their
families, our physicians, and their staff.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our OR RN
Circulator--opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!
The Surgical Registered Nurse is responsible for the preparation
and care of patient during the peri-operative period. Provide
direct nursing care to patients during their surgical procedures at
the Hospital, in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
To keep OR Director informed of problems involving patients,
surgeons and equipment in the OR.-- To support and espouse the
mission and policies of the Hospital.
Ideal candidate will be focused on excellent customer service, have
the ability to multi-task, the ability to show flexibility in
assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control standards,
maintain professional competencies and have the ability to work as
part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. Position requires
weekdays only -- no holidays, weekends, or call. Some later
evenings required. Competitive salary and benefits for the right
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes nursing process in assessment, evaluation, and
intervention in patient care as provided in the operating
- Ensure the OR is set up appropriately for each case, including
using the surgeon preference card to review the supplies pulled for
each case, for the current and next day.
- Prior to transporting the patient from Pre-op to OR identifies
the patient, reviews with the patient the site and procedure to be
performed and ensures the completion of the medical record,
including and H&P, surgical consent and anesthesia
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and
caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a
- Assist CRNA/anesthesiologist before, during and after case as
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of
accurate and up to date information in accordance with established
- Adheres to established Hospital safety requirements and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Aware of supplies, protocols, and can actively participate in
the event an emergency arises.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and
continuity of care.
- Performs duties as identified by Hospital policies and
procedures and in accordance with applicable AORN
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors, and fellow
employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and
professional Hospital environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
At OCOM we recognize our staff as our number one asset, and are
proud to offer them:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance policy for employee with option to
purchase additional coverage for employee, spouse and/or
- Company Paid Long Term Disability.
- Company Paid AD&D insurance.
- Short Term Disability available for purchase.
- 401(k) with a generous match.
- Generous paid time off accrual program.
- 7 paid holidays.
- High competitive salaries with bonuses and incentives.
- Generous PTO accrual program and personal days.
- FSA & HSA programs.
- License/Education Reimbursement.
- Weekends and holidays off.
- Employee Discount Program on travel, shopping, daycare, and
- Incredible Work-Life balance.
Keywords: Baylor Surgical Hospital, Oklahoma City , OCOM , Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!