Company: Globe Life Family of Companies
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The purpose of this position is to reconcile multiple accounts in
order to clear the general ledgers. This position is vital because
it ensures we do not have any outstanding items that could
negatively impact the policyholder. This position monitors system
functionality and serves as backup and/or additional help for
several positions within Premium Accounting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to perform various accounting functions
- Accurately compile and analyze a variety of reports.
- Record day-to-day business transactions in various accounting
- Utilize the Trintech software to reconcile outstanding items;
keying error items; deposits that have not posted
- Prepare journal entries for entering into the ledger, including
- Manually reconcile items that did not update via automation and
contact other departments as needed for assistance in resolving
- Track entries in the accounts to make sure that items are
within the prescribed timeframe.
- Follow appropriate escalation procedures
- Recognize resolutions to clear outstanding items
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form
when items are outstanding
- Confer with management on detailed analysis of balance sheets
and general ledgers
- Provide backup for various duties within the Special Services
team and Premium Accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be knowledgeable about payment processing with strong
accounting and reconciliation abilities.
- Advanced MS Excel skills; knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups,
IF statements, etc. is a plus.
- Proficient use of MS Word and Outlook
- Critical thinking and problem solving required.
- Ability to analyze various types of data and compile lucid
reporting when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment and
adhere to daily deadlines.
- College degree (Associates or Bachelors) preferred. Will accept
a combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience required including General
Ledger entry experience.
- 1-3 years of insurance experience required.
Keywords: Globe Life Family of Companies, Oklahoma City , Reconciliation Clerk, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!