Company: Ben E Keith Co
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
For more than a century, Ben E. Keith Company has been a leader
in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to
consistently exceed our customers' expectations.
Our Food Division is a complete broad line multi-state distributor,
and our Beverage Division operates throughout the state of Texas as
a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch products, craft and import
beer brands, spirits, and wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our business, our
customers, and our employees-continuing our commitment to
delivering quality since 1906.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following (partial list). Other
duties may be assigned.
* Perform administrative duties that support the Director of
Purchasing, Category Managers, and Purchasing Managers and assist
with streamlining operational efficiencies.
* Assist with managing the purchase order process to ensure proper
payment of invoices for Accounts Payable
* Oversee the upkeep of file storage, ensuring contracts and
relevant documentation contains appropriate signatures prior to
being permanently filed.
* Maintain library of reference and training material as
* Field phone calls and forward to relevant purchasing
* Assist in developing and/or maintaining reports and spreadsheets
and provide data to personnel as required.
* Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price
* Ensure purchase orders match confirmations, packing lists and
vendor invoices. File in their respective files and notify vendors
immediately if order has been shorted, if there are any damages, or
if vendor invoice does not match confirmed price.
* Track the status of all stock and special orders.
* Perform data entry of purchase orders, SKU data and other
relevant data in the procurement systems.
* Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status,
changes, and or cancellations.
* Perform buying duties when necessary.
* Contact suppliers in order to expedite deliveries and to resolve
shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other issues.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
1. 4-year degree preferred, but will consider Associate's or
related degree/related experience resulting in equivalent level of
knowledge and experience is required
* 2 to 5 years Purchasing or Marketing experience preferred
* Ability to use PC and Microsoft Office applications
* Data entry and purchasing skills helpful
* Ability to learn and use relevant internal applications
* Valid Driver's license required to perform company business
* Must be employed by Ben E. Keith for one year to be considered
for this position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
* Solid interpersonal skills and must be customer focused
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize as needed and ability to multi-task
* Motivated Self-Starter and ability to receive and follow
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and beverage
distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned business
with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse
communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee
benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees
and their families.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Short and Long Term Disability
* 401K with matching contribution
* Profit-Sharing Plan (100% company-paid)
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Program
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation and holidays
* Employee Credit Union
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions
of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more
than simply treating one another with respect; it also means
considering how all our people can positively impact the quality of
the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith, we recognize that our workforce reflects the
increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all
we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external
and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our
strengths and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to
find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face.
Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action
employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Job Family Purchasing
* Pay Type Hourly
* Required Education Associate Degree
* Oklahoma Food, 14200 N Santa Fe Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma,
United States of America
Keywords: Ben E Keith Co, Oklahoma City , Purchasing Assistant, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!