RN - Surgery, Neuro
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 11, 2021
**$7500 sign on bonus available for eligible candidates**
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first and
you are valued as a team member? This position is full time
working in our surgical area and requires two years experience in
the OR. As a RN, you will be a vital member of the care team
for our patients. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of
presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Uses the nursing process in care delivery and provides nursing
leadership for other patient care personnel. Circulates
independently on complex cases.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in providing care for the
perioperative patient by completing a comprehensive preoperative
assessment, planning and implementing individualized nursing
interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of care and
modifying interventions as needed.
- Prioritizes multiple complex patient and physician needs to
delegate and coordinate the care provided by the surgical team to
maximize patient outcomes.
- Coordinates patient care assignments to personnel supervised,
considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used,
patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety
factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicates effectively with patients, staff and physicians to
anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in
response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Maintains and enhances professional clinical skills by seeking
out learning situations and remaining abreast of current advances
in nursing techniques and technologies.
- Serves as a consultant to all personnel in area(s) of nursing
expertise. Teaches and mentors other less-experienced RNs and
- Demonstrates advanced clinical judgment as evidenced by
knowledge of complex nursing interventions required in multiple
surgical specialty areas.
- Exhibits willingness to take on special projects and initiates
actions that work to improve processes within the department.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her
response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of
our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Two years’ advanced surgical experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN - Surgery, Neuro, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!