RN Transition to Practice - Emergency Dept
Company: Integris Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 10, 2021
RN Transition to Practice - Full Time 7p-7a - Emergency Dept -
Southwest Medical Center
Job Code: 7368
The Transition to Practice RN develops, implements and evaluates
the orientation plans for clinical employees within their assigned
dept(s); provides transition to practice support to n newly
licensed RNs; collaborates with leadership, Human Resources and
Clinical Education on nursing recruitment and retention strategies;
serves as a liaison to students and supports dept based quality
improvement and education initiatives. Adheres to National Patient
Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact
this position requires.This position requires population specific
competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as
appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
The Transition To Practice RN responsibilities include but are not
• Assesses and evaluates the clinical competency of students,
nonlicensed and licensed personnel.
• Develops department based orientation plan in collaboration with
preceptors, dept leadership and Clinical Education
• Provides supervision and clinical instruction to students,
licensed and nonlicensed employees on orientation in collaboration
• Evaluates students, licensed and nonlicensed employees' progress
with acquiring core and specialized competencies
• Supports quality improvement initiatives and provides 'just in
time' education as needed
• Supervises and coordinates other licensed personnel in the
provision of orientation, inservice education and implementation of
quality improvement plans.
• Serves as a clinical practice resource and provides mentorship to
students, licensed and non licensed employees.
Reports to the appropriate manager, director, or vice
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Constantly; activity exists 2/3 or more of
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases,
blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure
Compact (eNLC) member state
• BSN preferred
• Current BLS certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
• 3 years of RN related work experience required.
• 2 years of full time LPN experience can be substituted for one
year of RN experience. 2 years of part time RN experience can be
substituted for one year of RN experience.
• Maintains or obtains training certifications relative to the
clinical specialty served within 3 months of hire.
• National Professional Certification in clinical specialty must be
obtained within 1 year of placement in job
Keywords: Integris Health, Oklahoma City , RN Transition to Practice - Emergency Dept, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!