Registered Nurse - RN
Company: Integris Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 10, 2021
RN Clinical Education Consultant - FT Days - Nursing
Job Code: 1931
The RN Clinical Education Consultant provides clinical and
technical expertise and consultation to the system, facilitates the
initiation and adoption of quality measures and process changes,
monitors trends and issues in healthcare, fosters the use of
systematic analysis of issues, and engages in systematic inquiry
ranging from problem solving to research. Through collaboration
with system CNOs, department directors, clinical staff and various
healthcare disciplines, the clinical education consultant
identifies learning needs, designs and facilitates professional
development activities, and integrates research to facilitate and
lead practice changes This position requires population related
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
The RN Clinical Education Consultant responsibilities include, but
are not limited to, the following:
• Assesses education, professional development and competency needs
through analysis of quality reports and incidents reports, HR
reports, direct observation, and multidisciplinary
• Identifies trends and conducts gap analysis between current and
desired outcomes and performance.
• Establishes goals and objectives for professional development
programs and learning activities to address identified needs.
• Designs, implements, and facilitates formal and informal
programs/strategies using adult learning theory and incorporating
available evidence established through research to address
• Evaluates effectiveness of education, professional development,
or process change interventions.
• Provides content expertise and facilitates clinical policies and
procedures development, education and implementation into
• Coordinates and facilitates complex education and professional
• Assists client base with accreditation preparation.
• Conducts program costs, benefits and outcomes analysis.
• Facilitates analysis of clinical data, human resource reports or
other cultural issues and identifies strategies for resolution
including training or other interventions.
• Plans and coordinates implementation of new technology, clinical
practice models and other large scale initiatives.
• Leads organizational strategic initiatives to insure compliance
with regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
• Facilitates alignment with partners and academic
• Integrates interdepartmental/interdisciplinary initiatives across
campuses or system
• Facilitates the interface between processes, programs or
initiatives to ensure organizational and system needs are met.
• Leads process and practice changes to incorporate the latest
evidence established through nursing research findings.
• Provides consultation and mentorship to clinical care providers
throughout the system for implementation of evidence based
Reports to leader as assigned.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3
of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10
pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Possible exposure to infectious blood and body fluids, sharps,
hazardous radiation and chemicals, inhalation of gas, electrical
shock an back injury while teaching in patient care areas and in
office or conference center. Also may be exposed to communicable
diseases while in patient care areas. May be required to work
extended hours, on off shifts and weekends.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Graduation from an accredited nursing or other allied health
program and current Oklahoma State Registration or license in
nursing or other health related field required.
• Bachelors degree in nursing, allied health or related field
• Masters degree in nursing, allied health, or related field
• 5 years of recent clinical practice with demonstration of
progressive teaching experience required
• 3 years of professional development, consultation, or leadership
• Proficiency with Microsoft office including power point, excel,
publisher; and database software such as access required.
• Excellent communication, oral presentation and professional
writing skills required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English
• This job requires the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned
vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must
have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving
record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
Keywords: Integris Health, Oklahoma City , Registered Nurse - RN, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!