Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Our mission and values put the patient first and helps you to
feel valued while respecting teamwork and collaboration. Our
Endo Tech roles are an integral piece in our care team and we see
it as a partnership. This position is full time weekends. At
SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate people like you.
Maintains a clean/sterile field to provide support for providers
during endoscopy procedures. Prepares and maintains instruments and
equipment and demonstrates expertise in the operation and function
of required instruments and equipment.
- Anticipates and plans individualized care for the patient for
all routine endoscopic procedures and anticipates most unexpected
patient and provider needs.
- Runs the table and/or endoscopic equipment and assists the
provider on all types of procedures utilizing the principles of
surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life
- Maintains an orderly and organized work environment and takes
responsibility for the maintenance and care of all equipment.
- Prioritizes effectively, implements problem solving skills and
performs in a coordinated manner when delivering care in high
- Demonstrates expertise in the operation and function of
instrumentation and equipment for routine endoscopic procedures
- Maintains endoscopic scopes and instruments, demonstrating
understanding of appropriate cleaning, high level disinfection
and/or sterilization methods and serves as a resource and mentor to
less experienced staff on cases, equipment and
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years relevant work experience
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Endoscopy Technician, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!