Phlebotomist / Lab Support Tech - Sign on Bonus
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 15, 2021
**$5,000 Sign on Bonus available for eligible candidates**
Our mission and values put the patient first and helps you
to feel valued while respecting teamwork and collaboration.
Our phlebotomist/lab support tech roles are an integral piece in
our care team and we see it as a partnership. This position
is full time with rotating weekends. At SSM Health, we know the
healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like
Under direct supervision, this position performs routine laboratory
tasks according to procedures. May perform phlebotomy and/or waived
testing. May also perform a variety of general clerical duties to
support the laboratory department, including receptionist and
secretarial support, admission activities, and order entry
- Assists customers including answering phones and responding to
- Assists laboratory staff in the daily operation of the lab by
collecting, labeling, processing and preserving blood, urine and
other specimens according to established laboratory
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in the appropriate
laboratory and electronic medical record system.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area.
- May update statistical records, labels tubes, and schedules
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived testing.
- Identifies patients using two identifiers.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties
including admission activities, insurance verification, order entry
processing and medical record processing.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of
experience and education
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Phlebotomist / Lab Support Tech - Sign on Bonus, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!