Radiology Tech (Orthopedic Clinic)
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 15, 2021
This position will rotate between our 4 OSOI Orthopedic
Our mission and values put the patient first and helps you to
feel valued while respecting teamwork and collaboration. Our
rad tech roles are an integral piece in our care team and we see it
as a partnership. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of
presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Takes x-rays of designated parts of the human body for diagnostic
purposes and provides support for the imaging department. This
position only performs plain films and fluoro.
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding.
Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies
patient identity according to policies and procedures. Assists
technologists with preparing patient for radiology exam by
positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Assists technologists with filing, delivering and retrieving
patient reports and charts, matching films to folders, and delivery
of reports to patient units/physicians.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal
activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when
CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Radiology Tech (Orthopedic Clinic), Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!