Sonographer - Ultrasound
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 15, 2021
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence
begins with compassionate employees like you.
At SSM St. Anthony Hospital-Oklahoma City, we have
a Sonographer opening. This position is Part
Time day shift.
Our Sonographers come from a diverse set of
backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own
knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your
In return, you can expect a work environment
- Employees feel valued, respected and free to express
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills
and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, while
management is supportive.
If you listen and respond with great
Then we’d love to learn more! Please
fill out your application today.
Performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves
to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for
interpretation. The only registration requirement for this position
is as a registered sonographer appropriate for the department in
which the sonographer works.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers
transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety
of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of all high-quality images
and documents sent to PACS (image quality, images labeled
correctly and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any
other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or completion of a sonography
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Sonographer - Ultrasound, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!