Lead Medical Lab Tech (MLS / MLT) - Sign on Bonus
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 15, 2021
**$5,000 Sign on Bonus available for eligible candidates**
Our mission and values put the patient first and helps you to
feel valued while respecting teamwork and collaboration. Our
lab tech roles are an integral piece in our care team and we see it
as a partnership. This position is full time working evenings
at our main hospital location. At SSM Health, we know the healing
power of presence begins with compassionate people like you.
Under general direction, supervises assignments within the
laboratory and acts as a resource to the laboratory.
- Schedules, plans, delegates and supervises assignments.
Provides feedback during performance review process.
- Ensures daily workflow is completed following established
- Assists leadership on projects of medium to high complexity and
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood
tests to more complex tests.
- Interprets test reports and communicates findings to
- Escalates unusual, critical or abnormal results.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Maintains accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing
established preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assists providers in choosing appropriate lab test.
- Evaluates new testing methods.
- Operates, maintains, calibrates and troubleshoots
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains competencies and continuing education to keep
informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- Two years' technical experience in a laboratory setting
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Lead Medical Lab Tech (MLS / MLT) - Sign on Bonus, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!