CNA (Nursing Assistant) - Med Surg (7ECT), Nights
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 15, 2021
* This is a Full-Time, Night shift position *
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate employees like you. Our mission and values put
the patient first and helps you to feel valued while respecting
teamwork and collaboration. As a Clinical Partner/Nursing
Assistant, you will learn ways to adapt care and adjust treatment
plans for patients’ evolving needs. Looking for an
opportunity where patients come first, and you are valued as a team
member? Fill out our application today!
* Stack-able Shift Differential Premiums additionally per
hour when applicable *
Assists in performing a variety of nursing care services for
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and
reassessment at specific times for patient population.
Documents and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for
analysis and validation of patient’s response to care or treatment
and when significant change occurs in the patient’s condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information
via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Answers patients’ calls for help, takes their vital signs, and
monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress
or deterioration. Assists with baths,
ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and
making occupied and unoccupied beds. Performs dressing
changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep
breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens,
measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon
dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and
supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as
recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common
mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an approved nurse aide training program and
passing grade on state of work location required exam
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , CNA (Nursing Assistant) - Med Surg (7ECT), Nights, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!