RN - Registered Nurse
Company: Integris Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 11, 2021
RN Care Navigator
Job Code: 2018
The Nurse Navigator will provide management and oversight of a
targeted patient population to ensure high quality care through
smooth transitions, education, training and support to help reduce
the long-term effects of chronic illnesses and to prevent avoidable
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in
any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law,
including protected veteran or disability status.
The Nurse Navigator responsibilities include, but are not limited
to, the following:
• Follows patients during their hospital stay and continue
following post discharge facilitating self-management to avoid a
preventable return to the hospital.
• Works closely with multidisciplinary team to develop and
implement the patient's plan of care.
• Ensures patients discharged from the hospital have a follow-up
appointment with his/her provider and review any unmet needs prior
• Conducts a full assessment including but not limited to the
support system and home environment.
• Oversees hand-off of patients to post-acute facility, agency and
principle acute provider and maintains contact (either by phone or
in person) and provides interventions as needed.
• Plans and conducts post discharge follow-up phone calls with
patients and or caregivers to monitor patient progress, provide
education and assist in making informed decisions regarding
• Provides education, tools and training that align with the
patient needs and willingness to learn to help patients and
caregivers make informed decisions regarding self-care.
• Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques and other member
engagement techniques to facilitate patient's adoption and
adherence of care plans.
• Ensures open communication with providers, patients, and
caregivers to coordinate services within the organization, at
outside facilities, at home and physician offices in the community
to promote care and maximize care coordination and patient
Reports to assigned Director
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3
of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10
pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Normal office environment. When working in clinical areas,
potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases,
blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure
Compact (eNLC) member state
• Bachelors degree in nursing Preferred
• Minimum of 4 years recent clinical experience in a variety of
• Case management experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration
• Computer experience required. Windows and Excel preferred.
• This job requires the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned
vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must
have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving
record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier
Keywords: Integris Health, Oklahoma City , RN - Registered Nurse, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!