RN Quality Consultant - Quality Review & Infection Prevention
Company: Integris Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: July 22, 2021
RN Quality Consultant - FT Days - Quality Review & Infection
Prevention - Southwest Medical Center
Job Code: 1065
The Clinical Consultant provides clinical and technical expertise
and consultation to include the initiation and adoption of quality
measures and process changes, monitors trends and issues in
healthcare, fosters the use of systematic analysis of issues, and
engages in systematic inquiry ranging from problem solving to
research. Through collaboration with CNOs, department directors,
clinical staff and various healthcare disciplines, the Clinical
Consultant identifies learning needs, designs and facilitates
professional development activities, and integrates research to
facilitate and lead practice changes This position requires
population related competencies. Assists with regulatory readiness
based on facility need.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status. INTEGRIS is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
• Assesses education, professional development and competency needs
through analysis of quality reports and incidents reports, HR
reports, direct observation, and multidisciplinary
• Identifies trends and conducts gap analysis between current and
desired outcomes and performance.
• Establishes goals and objectives for professional development
programs and learning activities to address identified needs.
• Designs, implements, and facilitates formal and informal
programs/strategies using adult learning theory and incorporating
available evidence established through research to address
• Provides content expertise and facilitates clinical policies and
procedures development, education and implementation into
• Facilitates analysis of clinical data, human resource reports or
other cultural issues and identifies strategies for resolution
including training or other interventions.
• Integrates interdepartmental/interdisciplinary initiatives across
campuses or system
• Facilitates the interface between processes, programs or
initiatives to ensure organizational and system needs are met.
• Leads process and practice changes to incorporate the latest
evidence established through nursing research findings.
For BMC and IHE Only:
• Evaluates effectiveness of education, professional development,
or process change interventions.
• Coordinates and facilitates complex education and professional
• Assists client base with accreditation preparation.
• Conducts program costs, benefits and outcomes analysis.
• Plans and coordinates implementation of new technology, clinical
practice models and other large scale initiatives.
• Leads organizational strategic initiatives to insure compliance
with regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
• Facilitates alignment with partners and academic
• Provides consultation and mentorship to clinical care providers
throughout the system for implementation of evidence based
SMC, IMH & IGH Only:
*Monitors unit based clinical quality measures.
• Knowledgeable regarding regulatory compliance.
*Assists with organizational strategic initiatives to insure
compliance with regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
• Provides consultation and mentorship to nursing leadership and
clinical care providers throughout the system for implementation of
evidence based practice.
• Integrates interdepartmental/interdisciplinary initiatives for
• Facilitates the interface between processes, programs or
initiatives to ensure organizational needs are met.
• Primary contact for the infection prevention program for IHE
• Oversees the infection surveillance program including data
analysis and intervention strategies for improving healthcare
Reports to Nursing Administration
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3
of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10
pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Possible exposure to infectious blood and body fluids, sharps,
hazardous radiation and chemicals, inhalation of gas, electrical
shock and back injury while teaching in patient care areas and in
office or conference center. Also may be exposed to communicable
diseases while in patient care areas. May be required to work
extended hours, on off shifts and weekends.
• Graduation from an accredited nursing or other allied health
program and current Oklahoma State Registration or current
licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or
current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC)
member state license in nursing or other health related field
• Bachelors degree in nursing, allied health or related field
• Masters degree in nursing, allied health, or related field
• 5 years of recent clinical practice with demonstration of
progressive teaching experience required
• 3 years of professional development, consultation, or leadership
• Proficiency with Microsoft office including power point, excel,
publisher; and database software such as access required.
• Excellent communication, oral presentation and professional
writing skills required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Keywords: Integris Health, Oklahoma City , RN Quality Consultant - Quality Review & Infection Prevention, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!